Original topic:

Reoccurring insurance payment not canceled

(Topic created: 05-17-2021 10:56 AM)
useriLEAWq09mb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We have debated posting here for quite sometimes.  We have given Samsung many opportunities to fix this issue with no luck. I bought a s9 plus through Samsung. We put insurance on the phone. After the phone was paid off, we canceled the insurance. The insurance was on auto pay. Months go by and I realize the 12 dollars is still coming out. I call back and cancel it again. We are assured that it is canceled and it will not come back out. Fast forward months later. The card on file for the insurance on file expires on with the old year. Late January, I get a notification that a negative mark has hit my credit score. We looked, sure enough, TD bank is missing there 12 dollar insurance payment. My husband told me to pay it to make it not delinquent and we will take care of it, so I did. I called TD bank and told them it was supposed to be canceled, they said they haven't receive a cancelation from Samsung. I call Samsung again. They put in another cancelation. They assured me again that it is all taken care of and they would do what they could to get that negative mark pulled from my credit. March rolls around. Guess what? Bam. Another negative mark on my credit. Another 12 dollar payment was missed for February. UNBIELIVABLE. I have cried, begged, and pleaded with them. I was literally having a nervous breakdown. I called them back, took names, got cancelation numbers and tried this again. Finally, I think we are out from under this. This has put me through the ringer. This has brought my credit from 812 to 678. I NEVER had a missed payment or delinquent account. I am 30 years old and have worked very hard to get where I am. I have took pride in my credit history. I have called TD bank and Samsung to get them to write a letter stating there mistake. Zero help from them. I have filed a dispute with the credit burro. Samsung tells them there was no mistake. All this over a 12 dollar insurance payment, not a phone payment. Samsung has shown, they do not care about the little guys. To them, its no big deal. To me and my family it is huge. We are building our forever home as we speak. We will be closing on this home very soon. The adjustment in credit score has bumped our interest rate up 2%. that bumps out note from $1,054 to $1,342 dollars a month. Do that math on 30 years. Thats what a 12 dollar insurance mistake that Samsung made will do to you. And they could care less. They could, at minimum, write a letter to TD bank stating it was there mistake and make TD bank have it removed from my credit history. We are done with Samsung a so will everyone my family and I come into contact with from here on out. 

Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Cyberbuilder
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's TD Bank's fault. They are horrible with cancellations and basic customer support. You should've contacted TD first and request a recurring payment to be cancelled.
0 Likes
useriLEAWq09mb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We tried many many times. Talking with TD bank isn't an easy task. You can NEVER get transferred to someone that can help you.

0 Likes
Zero98918
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did you set up the auto pay through your bank or with Samsung?
0 Likes
Paramedic268
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is no issue. Take your evidence and tell the credit company it was misreported. They will investigate and unless the bank lies they will reverse the issue. You can also make a comment on your credit report
0 Likes