Original topic:

Repair Center disgrace

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 01:31 PM)
userR3zY5vXgIt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I own a Samsung S10 that is less then 1 year old.  It is still under warranty.   about a month ago it started giving me trouble with the USB port.  It was flaky on and off for about 2 weeks.  I had to use a wireless charger for charging but eventually the phone just started cyling thru these USB error msgs that I couldn't get to stop and it was draining the battery. I signed on to Samsung to find out what to do.  It turned out that my best option was the Samsung mail in repair center.  Ubreakifix said they couldn't fix USB ports on S10s. The samsung website it takes 3 - 5 days to do repairs.  Not too bad.   I mailed the phone to samsung and it arrived right away ( last Monday).  But it took Samsung a full 24 hours to 'receive' it.  Then  another 24 hours to diagnose the problem.   So much for 3 - 5 days.  But, then... they told me the phone had liquid damage and I needed to pay for the repair.   Huh?  The phone was never wet.  The phone is 'waterproof' to an IP68 rating. The phone is under warranty.  Whatever.  I argued and gave up.  One needs a phone!  I gave them my credit card.  Perhaps I'll deal with that later.   But then I waited and for 2 days, the online the status of  my repair remained under inspection.  I called.  That was a Friday. They told me the phone would be done in 5 - 7 business days and if I didn't hear back from them by Tuesday to call.  Today is Wed.  I called.  The phone is supposedly fixed but now going thru QA.  They told me if I didn't hear back from them by Friday to call.  **bleep**???   Friday will be 10 business days that they've had my phone hostage.   That phone should be back in my possession by Fri!  Clearly another weekend where I will be using an old S7.  Not pretty as you can imagine.  I love Samsung phones.  I am an android person thru and through.  But this is unacceptable.  First they charge me for a phone under warranty for damage that makes no sense.  Then they take FOREVER to fix my phone.   Will I ever get it back?  Will it even work when I get it back?    I am done.  So done..   Not sure what to do next but probably find another type of Android to purchase.   

4 Replies
DanG92263
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah, I paid $1700 for my S10+, so I always get the insurance through my carrier. Any problems, I get a certified refurbished replacement phone for $50, usually in two days.
0 Likes
Havok2185
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Unfortunately this is the way these big corporations treat good loyal customers on a consistent basis. I can't tell you how many times I've told my fiance "customer service has become a rare and treasured service when or if ever found, corps' don't care about the customers and even the smaller companies are starting to act this way". Like the gentleman who commented before me I also purchased the top level of insurance for my phone through my carrier and for $12 a month whatever may happen to said phone I will get a refurbished for $50 and will receive anywhere from 2-5 business days at most which I can tell you is so worth the money to avoid dealing with the lack of customer service and appreciation for the customer from the manufacturer. Hope all worked out for you though. Android lover here also, I'll never be an end to end guy EVER 😆
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Dm me for solution
0 Likes
Robotfly
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hahaha that sounds like Samsung They love not taking credit for any damage,