Original topic:

Replace Samsung "Free" app

(Topic created: 12-04-2021 03:22 PM)
userr9SxHj8EV0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I swipe right on my Samsung S10+, this app I never use and don't want called "Free" shows up. Is there any way to replace this with any other app? Some setting I've missed or developer mode trick? So far, all I've found is how to disable it but it would be nice if I could make the swipe useful.

4 Replies
userVF5J3avAJ2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have that same screen on my S21+ but my husband has the exact same phone and his doesn't have that screen it has news and other thing's I still can't figure out how his is different than mine
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not sure if this is available on the S10+ but with the latest SW releases you can choose between "Google Discover" and "Samsung Free". To do that, long press on a blank spot on the home screen. When the screen changes, swipe right. On the screen that appears, you can choose one of those two options or turn them off completely. 

@userVF5J3avAJ2 this is how your husband has different info on that screen. 

Screenshot_20211204-191100_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
userr9SxHj8EV0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's not available on my phone as far as I can tell, at least it isn't in the place you're showing. Besides, I don't want that app either. I have a specific app in mind I would rather do if possible that would make my life a slight bit easier if Samsung would let me have control over my phone setup. Screenshot_20211205-144028_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
userr9SxHj8EV0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung emails are pestering me the select an answer, but I'm still waiting for one. Can someone please help?

0 Likes