JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ring door bell no notifications

(Topic created: 07-06-2020 04:54 PM)
userH1uxdojDSG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was wondering... If any one else experienced this. My ring video doorbell is not sending any notifications to my S10+  even if someone presses the doorbell it will not trigger a notification or call. Please help me... I tried every tip on the web it all doesn't work. And somehow I thing it's the phone not the ring doorbell.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userH1uxdojDSG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I fixed it!! I found out that some apps have influence on your notifications. So I deleted all the apps that had to do something with notifications on my phone including antivirus. After that I reset my phone back to default settings. This was enough the apps including ring doorbell work perfectly again. It had nothing to do with WiFi or Ring at all.  So for the future and people with the same problem here is a real solutuon!!!

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Based on my experience with Ring, I would recommend going to https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us and working with the Ring support team. 

0 Likes
userH1uxdojDSG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The problem is in my galaxy S10 so I think it's best asking here where people might have the same issue with the same phone. But thanks for your help..

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, until you get the doorbell and app configured properly you won't see any notifications. If the doorbell isn't successfully connected to a strong wifi signal, you won't get notifications. 

To see the notification on your S10, ensure that Phone Settings -> Notifications -> Ring is enabled. Also make sure that Phone Settings -> Notifications -> Ring -> Ring Notification is enabled. 

0 Likes
userH1uxdojDSG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My WiFi is very strong throughout my house including the main entrance area.

Today we tested the ring doorbell an a Samsung Galaxy S7 and it worked great!!! Showing all the notifications.

There must be a reason for the S10 to block the notifications. All the settings are set to allow ring to show it's notification, yet I do not receive them. I have already followed up on the basic fixing tips. But the S10 seems to be a very stubborn phone that needs severale options checked to do one thing. Can it be software related to the S10? 

0 Likes
Solution
userH1uxdojDSG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I fixed it!! I found out that some apps have influence on your notifications. So I deleted all the apps that had to do something with notifications on my phone including antivirus. After that I reset my phone back to default settings. This was enough the apps including ring doorbell work perfectly again. It had nothing to do with WiFi or Ring at all.  So for the future and people with the same problem here is a real solutuon!!!

View solution in context

0 Likes
userLfUQjZjsJN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you give an example of some of the apps you are talking about please.  I'm so frustrated with mine, and have spent hours trying to figure out why I'm not getting notifications.    I do get them for my doorbell,, just not my spotlight cam.  

0 Likes