Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kurt2112
Asteroid

Roaming clock - stopped working - S8+ T Mobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The roaming clock feature stopped working. I have it selected in Settings. I have all updates on phone. I rebooted. I wiped cashe. Cant get it back. My home time zone is PST. time set to auto updates. it worked last week when I was in Europe and ME. but now I'm in Hawaii time zone and it doesn't show PST zone on lock screen or Always On Display.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Roaming clock - stopped working - S8+ T Mobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah yes, glad you got that sorted out! I tend to forget that about the 'roaming clock' too.  XD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @Kurt2112
I certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Kurt2112
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I determined what is happening.  This "roaming clock" is exactly that, it is NOT a "travelling or time zone" clock.  It only shows another time zone if your cell coverage is roaming, which is not necessarily happening when you travel to another time zone.  So if I travel from Los Angeles to New York and change time zones, I am not roaming off my network, so it does not show two times.  But if I leave my country then I am roaming and the clock does show my home time zone.  This is a rather poor design, the whole point when you travel anywhere, whether you are roaming off network or not, is to know the time at home.  

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah yes, glad you got that sorted out! I tend to forget that about the 'roaming clock' too.  XD

user4LuJC0fmHR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung S8+

Baseband 

G955USQu5DSC1

Android ver. 9