Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBOhO5vGkkt
Constellation

Rooting Galaxy S7 from T Mobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all,

I'd like to root my phone and install a stock version of Android Nougat. 

However, I've read online that the T Mobile version of the phone (the version I have) is locked and can't be rooted. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

(Yes, I understand that rooting voids my warrenty)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LUNAT1K
Cosmic Ray

Re: Rooting Galaxy S7 from T Mobile

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't recommend root because you are flashing an engineering kernel which is not batter friendly and makes your device hot sometimes. You can't unlock the bootloader and put TWRP on Snapdragon versions. But if you wish to proceed, here you go my young padawan:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-s7-edge/how-to/how-to-root-s7-edge-t3410470

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
LUNAT1K
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't recommend root because you are flashing an engineering kernel which is not batter friendly and makes your device hot sometimes. You can't unlock the bootloader and put TWRP on Snapdragon versions. But if you wish to proceed, here you go my young padawan:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-s7-edge/how-to/how-to-root-s7-edge-t3410470

View solution in original post

userBOhO5vGkkt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks!
usercLuLfBHJfR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. You are RightHeartI am also don't recommend root because this makes your device hot sometimes. You can't unlock the bootloader and put TWRP on Snapdragon versions. But if you wish to Unlock FRP of Your Samsung S7 Android PhoneHeart This can help you to Bypass Factory Reset Protection of You Samsung S7 or any other device.

userRWOhnuMJgA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, Techtalkies365 Team. The Post is Really Very Helpful for Me. I Have Subscribed this blog Techtalkies365.Com

Highlighted
usernEx6Ytv9P9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, First of all You have to Install TWRP on Any Android Phone to root a android device and now you can also make it possible without using PC. After doing that you can simply flash a magisk zip of supersu zip on your android phone. I Hope this works for you

userE5VGmm6Z6a
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernEx6Ytv9P9 wrote:

Hi, First of all You have to Install TWRP on Any Android Phone to root a android device and now you can also make it possible without using PC. After doing that you can simply flash a magisk zip of supersu zip on your android phone. I Hope this works for you

When I rooted my Android phone, it didn't seem to install TWRP.

Sibi Paul
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recovery Flashing is High Risky Rooting Method,

I would Suggest You Check Some Alternative Methods for Your Phone.

Root Samsung S7 Edge SM-G935T Will Help You to Root 99% Safe.

Samsung Has Great Stock ROM and Great Security,

Rooting Voids you Phones Warranty, Also Unblocks all secure libraries to 3rd party.

We can't predict how they deal with your phone.

I highly dislike rooting any android phone.

userywtCFS6OJp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

s root method will not trip KNOX and will disable your Samsung Pay but it IS REVERSIBLE by simply unrooting with a stock firemans

user8L8ObRlAXG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same question with me.