Original topic:

Rotating photos

(Topic created: 08-04-2019 07:13 PM)
userV6q7hBC6j0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why do my photos rotate from portrait to landscape Whenever I send them in a text or email? This is really irritating as people have to edit them if they want to see them the way I originally took them. Has anyone had similar problems and what is the fix besides cropping them before they're sent?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userV6q7hBC6j0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured it out. In the camera settings go to the save options click on it. Unselect the HEIF pictures (photo).  Now my photos will text and email in the orientation I took the photo. 

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
userV6q7hBC6j0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured it out. In the camera settings go to the save options click on it. Unselect the HEIF pictures (photo).  Now my photos will text and email in the orientation I took the photo. 

View solution in context

Shiraz_Abbas
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I turned off HIEF but still picture rotating automatically on my Samsung Galaxy M30s whenever i send picture on whatsapp. Its really irritating.

Can you please give me the solution of it?

Apart from this i am unable to find clipboard on my device. Pls suggest where can i get the clipboard menu.

Thanking you

Hoping a positive response from you.

Shiraz
0 Likes
userQZGFdmkpi0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I turned HEIF off on my note 10 but my pics still rotate when I text them. 1 pic actually sent as portrait to myself (I did a test 1st) but landscape to my friend???? Ugh! Any other suggestions?Please help!  

0 Likes
userJ28PbgqHrE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have an A11 - Where do I find the HEIF feature to de-select?  I've searched through Settings and the camera features to no avail.

0 Likes
userzFvzrX4Jyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured this out as well but isn't this a bug?!  Fix please Samsung!

0 Likes
Keghead
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How to view your clipboard.

Go to message, tap the write message box, you can only get to it by writing a message. You will see 3 dots to the right, tap on it and there you will see the clipboard.

0 Likes
MrsRichardson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I need to know too!
0 Likes
MichiMess
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you send it in original size/format, then it's working fine.
But if you crop it, it's rotated.  (S21+)

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.