JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S Beam, does it exist on S10?

(Topic created: 06-21-2019 09:18 AM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not sure what "S beam" is.  Does it exist on S10?  Is it just the "touch to send"?  Or something else.

How does it relate/compare with "Android Beam"?

4 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give this link a try for S-Beam: https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/mobile-devices/what-is-s-beam-in-samsung-smartphones/. The Galaxy S10 has a feature called Android beam which has similar features: Android Beam Use Android Beam to share photos, contacts, or other data between NFC-enabled devices. 1. From Settings, tap Connections > NFC and payment, and then tap to turn on NFC. 2. Tap Android Beam, and then tap to turn on this feature. TIP  When sharing a file, tap Android Beam to use this feature.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So, does the S10 have s beam?  I see that the setting for android beam is already on.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No, the Galaxy S10 doesn't have S-Beam.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
TMoney9676
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung uses NFC to transfer information. Near Field Communication. I don't believe they support S-Beam anymore

0 Likes