Original topic:

S. L. O. W. Navigating

(Topic created: 07-27-2021 10:51 PM)
EZRyden
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I hear tell AT&T has the ability to slow the data use of customers with unlimited data plans by setting limits based on usage.  Am I the only one to find that totally ridiculous, underhanded and borderline illegal.  How can a phone company offer UNLIMITED data plans to customers then monitor data usage by either reducing signal strength of individuals getting close to any preset rate of used data and/or lengthing application's build time to the point where  we get timmed out of the apps for being for taking too long.  When the real time reason for getting timmed out is because it takes so damn long to build any given page, app or site.
This gives the user wonders of how can AT&T advertise , sell and provide unlimited data plans with limited data capabilities thorough high tech manipulation of gigabytes. Since complaining to the company doesn't help, perhaps the combined customer efforts will draw the attention of outside sources. Like the data cops, or the false advertising investigators.

To close the vent of heat, answers are needed to four questions:

1st Question : Is this happening to other AT&T customers ?
2nd Question: If this is happening on a grand scale, how does it get fixed ?
3rd Question: Does anyone else care enough to warrant support through the development customer teamwork?
4th Question: Should I just shut-up and TRY to find another cell phone company who does not manipulate customer's unlimited data use to save the company's overall data dollar ?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
ISP's do the same thing. They may offer unlimited but they don't necessarily offer unlimited at max speed. Throttling speed is common practice among many ISP's and mobile carriers.
CodyK71
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
... following
0 Likes
henfredemars
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is a problem for your representatives. Unfortunately, the practice is widespread throughout the industry. You'll be hard-pressed to find a provider that actually offers unlimited in the strong sense of the word.
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i think this is something that ATT needs to fix or change.. 

0 Likes
EZRyden
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm in my 2nd month with AT&T. I switched from Verizon because I thought I was paying too much. The terms "you get what you pay for" and "don't fix it if it ain't broke" has never rang so true. With Verizon I was grandfathered into a contracted plan & signed over 15 years ago. I must say, Verizon was warp speeds faster than AT&T. I'm thinking about going back to knowing full well I won't be able to get what I had. The situation i may have created from my rather length post from earlier today has not produced additional help with my situation. ITS SAFE TO SAY, IT NOBODY'S FAULT BUT MINE. Changing phone companies to save 25 or 30 dollars was a huge mistake on my part. Had a feeling this would happen. Nothing was wrong with my varison cell phone service when I hooked up with AT&T. If Verizon " throttled down " the speed, I couldn't tell. If they did, at least the were better at making it obvious than At&T.
0 Likes