cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

Re: S-voice not finding contact list s7 edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

svoice is a cheap knockoff attempt to ok google. i cant even get it to find a pizza much less a contact.

@gbesaw wrote:

I have a s7 edge, all my contacts are visible in the the contact app.  When I try s-voice to call or text a contact, I get contact not found.  S-voice response to show contact - "I can find any contacts in your contact list".  Google voice finds the contacts fine.  Any advice?  I have cleared the contact cache and turned all contacts on, soft reset, no joy.

im onthedge
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the 7 active & had the same problem with not reading contacts for calls or texts. I called and talk with someone we ran through reset & many different options. None of them worked. I played with it some more this evening and I'm not sure which trick actually did it but I deleted the data on my S-voice and the cache. Added Google + synced. Synced all my accounts again & contacts. & it started working fine. I'm assuming something with not syncing the accounts I had just my Samsung & Gmail & Facebook before added the Google + might have been it.?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks KH,

I just did what you suggested below and it seems to have helped. I erases all the data in S Voice and then Re-Synced all of my contacts, including Google + and S VOICE is now recognizing the names of contacts...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this problem on my S7 Edge and have tried various options nothing seemed to work,

untill I changed the language english US since this it seems to work. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy s6 edge and as soon as I did my first update S voice couldn't find any contacts.  I did the "erase data" solution and that worked...once.  After the next update erase data didn't work.  Here's what has worked for me ever since:  I say "Ok Google" on the home screen and then tell it to call someone in my contacts.  Once the call is made, S voice starts working again.  I've done this several times after updates and it has always worked. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried everything to try and get S Voice working peoperly but to no evail. I've been using Google to make calls and send Text ever since the Samsung Update crapped my S Voice.

I'm very surprised that Samsung is leaving it's customers without a fix for this problem they realy need to get a grip.

Even after using google my S Voice will still not find Contacts or create Text Messages so where to from here i wonder.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I erased all the data in S Voice and then Re-Synced all of my contacts, including Google + and S VOICE is now recognizing the names of contacts...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WIth respect, please don't mark this issue as resolved, because it is not. Like many others on this thread, I have tried every suggestion, including this one. There is something clearly very wrong with S Voice. Let's be honest, S Voice is an complete and utter embarassment for Samsung.

Unfortunately S Voice is required for Samsung Car Mode.

GS7 Edge, stock, never rooted, Gear S2

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you also tell us how did you do that? RE-SYNCONISED ALL CONTACTS PLEASE?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have to go into s-voice and go to settings (the gear symbol on the left). Then scroll down to Erase Data and confirm. I can't remember if you have to restart the phone, but it worked for me. Good luck!