cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S7 edge - S voice could not find my contact

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am also using s7 edge. But the problem is still there. Haven't find any solution yet.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. Please provide us more information about this concern. It appears you both have an S7 Edge, but what about carriers? It's possible that it's just one carrier having this happen so we need to check that. If we can have your carrier and any troubleshooting you've tried so far we can go from there. Thank you so much! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I dont think this related to carriers... because I also using Note 5 and s7edge replecate note 5. I have no issue on note 5.... issue on s7edge. Basically svoice cannot detect contact information.

1. Say "call Dan" ... reply "I could not find any names in your contacts"
2. Navigation also dont work. "NAVIGATE HOME" .... reply.. can find HOME

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that information. The only reason we asked for carriers is that different carriers have different updates that they push out. If one carrier's devices are having these concerns and other are not, then it might just need an update from that carrier to fix the problem. 

What troubleshooting steps have you tried, if any? When did you notice each of these concerns start or have they just always been there?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I HAVE A NEW EDGE and svoice cant even find pizza less than a mile away. i believe this is an engineering bug yet to be resolved and i might tie into the location issue/one mini=ute looking for/the next it found location, or having to battery mode it or power saver for stupid notifications.i hope droid 7 os will help soon, but i doubt it.
im onthedge
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i've been using s voice for a long time but after recent OTA update , I've same issue in my lovely phones like other users in other regions(my region is thr) on my S7 edge and S6 , S voice can not recognize my contacts, can not text and can not call any more for example when i say "call mom" or "text mom" , i get this message “mom is not in your contact list” but everthing else with s voice works great, and also i tried several ways to fix this problem like erasing my contacts list and re-entering my contacts manually, deleting data and cache of s voice and resetting it, disabling and enabling s voice but this problem still there Smiley SadMan Sad

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a galaxy s6 and also the same issue...why???? Will Samsung fix this for us?????

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an S7 Edge, and I have the same issue.  My carrier is AT&T.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got a galaxy 7 edge I am on EE and I have same issue with s voice no matter how many times I sync contacts and r set up voice it won't recognise or even read my contacts to call or send message please help

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S-voice not finding contact list s7 edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up doing a factory reset. Set up S voice and still no luck. I did a live chat with a Samsung Tech. And he said its a server issue, and that it will be resolved soon. Also, watch for another possible update to fix the bugs.