JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 5g does not get 5g service

(Topic created: 12-28-2020 03:41 PM)
userXn1cyqoST6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have had my Galaxy s10 5g phone since they came out. I was waiting for the 5g version to preorder because I wanted 5g access. It has been over a year and a half and I have 2 of these phones, neither of them get 5g coverage. It doesn't matter if I am in 5g area. I have contacted Verizon numerous times. They have submitted numerous tickets and I don't get any help. Did Samsung scam it's users into paying for a 5g phone that doesn't get 5g access? Or is this Verizon that is scamming us? I'm quite irritated with the whole process as I've been trying to get to the bottom of this issue for quite some time now but nobody can seem to help me. I've changed the Sim card, I've reset all the network settings, I think it is an issue with the phone itself. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BeestMann
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This has to do with your carrier. They have to "turn it on" for you

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
BeestMann
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This has to do with your carrier. They have to "turn it on" for you
userXn1cyqoST6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

They've done everything. I've been paying for 5g service for 1.5 years. 

0 Likes
BeestMann
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah this is still on them. You have to press them for it
0 Likes
userXn1cyqoST6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Verizon has spent over a week and a half troubleshooting this issue. They have assured me it has nothing to do with the network, and it is definitely a device issue. 

0 Likes
BeestMann
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You should contact Samsung support then, on their website. I know someone who didn't get 5G for a year because Verizon forgot to turn it on for them
0 Likes
userpyfP0fx9xe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This phone is not compatible with Verizon's 5G service. I am currently trying to enter into arbitration with them.  They blame Samsung for this which is insane. I am actually was looking to get together a class action lawsuit.

SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes