Original topic:

S10 Android 11 update

(Topic created: 09-03-2021 08:03 PM)
userHSYLVcLWYK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I got a factory refurbished S10 locked Cricket ATT from an authorized dealer. The phone is still on Android 10 OneUI 2.1, Android security patch level  June 1, 2020. 

When I try to update it , it says it's up to the date. How can a 14 months old version be up to the date? 

The dealer says Samsung has stopped updating S10 series due to issues. 

What's the current Android and OneUI version for SM-G973U?
10 Replies
SammyJung
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you try to look up sammobile and look for the firmware to update?
0 Likes
SammyJung
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
SammyJung
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Download it and use samsung Odin to flash. It's very easy. Screenshot_20210903-233016_Chrome_51.jpg
0 Likes
kyL397
Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The dealer is definitely giving incorrect info,the S10 is on Android 11, One UI 3.1 with the August 2021 security update going around now.
0 Likes
userHSYLVcLWYK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks for the confirmation. Can it bec updated without sim card? It'll be used in wifi in only, so I'm not going to get a sim card for it.
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would download smart switch and try using the update feature from a windows or mac.

Here is a link with more information:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/

"1.Use the USB cable included with  your Galaxy device to connect it to a computer with Smart Switch installed. You may need a USB adapter with some PCs.

2.Open Smart Switch on the computer and allow it to detect the device. If an update is available, the Update button will appear.

3.Click Update on your PC and follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update."

0 Likes
userHSYLVcLWYK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've tried it, it says no update is available, not even security patches.
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The official ways are through your device or smartswitch. You might be able to find a Repair location willing to help (might cost $) flash the latest software or you can manually flash your software with Odin like @SammyJung was talking about but that could include risks, since your on your own if something goes wrong during the process.
0 Likes
userHSYLVcLWYK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've updated it via Odin successfully. Thanks everyone.