Original topic:

S10 Blurry Pictures

(Topic created on: 3/25/19 12:10 PM)
claralon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've had the phone for about a week and the pictures are horrible. Always not focused and blurry and even cartoonish from being smooth. I have reset the camera, cleared the cache, updated all my apps. The only thing I haven't done is factory reset. I've also tried changing the settings on the camera and nothing helps. And when I upload to IG the photo quality is even worse. Any advice?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
68 Replies
userplwg1P6TFH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Remove the case. It looks like any case hinders the selfie camera. 

0 Likes
Kopfan13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the exact same issue with my s10, the selfie camera was very blurry.
After reading a few different solutions about downloading Google Lens & A Better Camera
Then other suggestions about clearing the camera Cache and rebooting
I realzed its only blurry when the phone is in its protective case.
The minute I take it out of the case it works perfectly, crystal clear selfies.
Its seems (for me anyway) that its the magnet in the back of my phone case is what was causing the problem. When I take it out of the case, problem solved!

0 Likes
userbUUbD0kekU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

heyyy I just bought the Samsung Galaxy s10 and am having the exact same issue. can you please tell me how you fixed yours?

@claralon wrote:

I've had the phone for about a week and the pictures are horrible. Always not focused and blurry and even cartoonish from being smooth. I have reset the camera, cleared the cache, updated all my apps. The only thing I haven't done is factory reset. I've also tried changing the settings on the camera and nothing helps. And when I upload to IG the photo quality is even worse. Any advice?

0 Likes
userRs3JtLU2rR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi guys,

So my s10 plus' front camera is completely blurry. It's not even slightly. You cannot at all make out the photo. 

I tried clearing the cache, trying it under safe mode, and I dont have a phone case. So I don't understand the problem. Samsung really needs to fix this because it's clearly a software problem. I regret buying this phone.

userN3hf7mE8dA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same issues and when I went into the camera settings I realised that the rear camera was set to only FHD 1920 but when you change settings to UHD 3840 it changes the entire picture quality when you zoom in etc.

0 Likes
Taylor423
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
same here
0 Likes
MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Claralon when you are taking a photo try using the "tap to focus" on the subjects before taking the photos. A simple tap on the screen will trigger AF/auto-focus and give it a second. When in the camera app by long pressing on the screen for a second will trigger "AF/AE Lock". There will be yellow circle on the screen and your camera will lock focus on that yellow ring area. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Taylor423
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I tap to focus every time and still comes out blurry. Many times the phone tells me the shot may have been blurry, but I can't correct it. The camera is terrible.
0 Likes
userg6b6f7XRbX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tried all the advice and options listed in the solution, but after further research it turns out there was a magnet in the phone case. Took the magnet out of the case and all was ok. Hope this helps anyone else who is getting the same symptoms with the front camera being blurry. Looking forward to all these crystal sharp selfies now. :grinning_face:

0 Likes
usertfLzN6FHAe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bad quality pictures no matter what I clear/reset. Such a step back compared with my previous Samsung S6. Waste of money.

0 Likes