Original topic:

S10 Boot Loop

(Topic created: 9 hours ago)
userpuqOPWtZHP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

woke up to my galaxy S10 in a boot loop. I thought I had auto-updates turned off but according to this reddit thread a ton of people are all having this problem right now. I was told by the samsung tech support to take it to a ibreakufix near me and i called them and they pretty much said the only way to fix it is factory reset. I dont want to lose all my data? I got it to the recovery screen and tried clearing cache and rebooting from there but it didnt work. I held every combo of Power button plus volume button plus bixby and nothing worked. Is my phone a brick?

26 Replies
lilsniper5150
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My daughter told me the same thing. She said her phone was overheating and then it started to restart and stuck in a boot loop. Really annoying and inconvenient.

useri5qQfUyYxO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is just making me upset! If I were out traveling and this happened to me, OMG I would probably kill someone! I can't imagine being stuck somewhere ( because of a stupid update\or whatever caused this) and not being able to confirm or verify your information because of MFA\2-factor authentication sent to your current device. What do you do? God **bleep** it just thinking about it PISSES ME OFF! I hate you right now SAMSUNG! So my phone is old! I DONT CARE! It was working fine! You could've  given us some kind of info warning us before forcing the device to BRICK! @sswholes!

Members_osvRHsX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ugh. Add us to the list of victims. I hope they can get this fixed for us.

Members_ImPgTn3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you look all over reddit this has happened around the globe. I'm really disappointed with how Samsung is managing this situation. They told me to bring it to a technician and they told me they cant do anything apart from factory resetting the phone. This is really making me doubt Samsung's decisions as a company. my s9 works perfectly fine but suddenly my s10+ doesn't? I dont buy that they wont fix this as this will bring their revenue down.

lilsniper5150
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yeah I was following this on reddit too.

SignaroMin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Add me on to the list as well, this is ridiculous. Especially from an update overnight something you can't stop or foresee, what if people use their phone alarms to wake up in the morning... SAMSUNG PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE. PEOPLE WORK ON THEIR PHONES TOO.

useri5qQfUyYxO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What if I were traveling and this were to happen?? How in the **bleep** will I be able to validate who I am, verify my account, authenticate using MFA\2-factor authentication? How did the powers that be, think that this is okay? Samsung should of forewarned it's users of a pending update which might result in a disabled phone if your device met a certain criteria. And even then, give ample notice to allow backup\replacement of said devices. This is unprecedented and should be fixed by them! My wife has lost her data from her phone and wasn't given any warning. I am so upset that I probably will end up moving to Apple. Ef U Samsung!