Original topic:

S10 Cable Charging broken

(Topic created: 09-07-2021 12:28 PM)
OnlyWiZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've had this phone for just over 1 year (March 2020) and have mostly had a good time with it. A few months ago, maybe 8 months, my cable charging port seems to be damaged. At first it started out bring that the cable would slip out of the port easily but then over time it's as of the port got larger. The cable almost seems too small now and doesn't even fit anywhere near securely. On top of this, it doesn't even recognize the cable is inserted so I'm unable to charge via cable. 

I did the diagnosis using the Samsung Members app and the cable could not be noticed when I attempted to plug it in and even jiggle it around. Are there any solutions?

Ever since the issue occurred, I have been using wireless charging but sadly wireless charging can take up to 3-4 hours to go from 0 to 100.

Another issue that has happened is that if my phone fully dies, then it has issues charging back up to a percentage that will let it turn back on. It will attempt to turn on the freeze at "Samsung Galaxy S10" then it will die again.
0 Likes
1 Reply
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would purchase a replacement for around a few dollars, plus you can purchase a longer one than vs the oem
0 Likes