JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10+ Glass Back Separation & Falling Apart

(Topic created: 11-01-2020 07:05 AM)
userJ73aa67Ybk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Has anyone else seen/had this happen to their phone? The only thing I can think of as a root cause is battery swelling or a factory defect with the glue, regardless this should of never passed QA and been sold retail via Samsung's website. Other than this defect the phone is in perfect condition with no scratches or cracks, only noticed this when it started bulging out of my Samsung leather case. In case anyone is wondering, only the official Samsung wired charger, maybe 10% of the time and Samsung wireless charger 90% of the time have ever been used with the phone. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

SM-G975U

Did Battery swelling cause this?Did Battery swelling cause this?Unsure of what to make of my once Flagship phone.Unsure of what to make of my once Flagship phone.s10-glue.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userHKzwMWkXKp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you shine a flashlight can you see anything inside? If you see the battery swollen, take it to repair asap, it's quite dangerous.

If the battery is ok, what I would do is cut the remaining glue (check jerryrigeverything on youtube to see how it's done), clean and glue it back. I think they use a glue called B7000. I think the phone lost its water resistance even if glued back together tho.

View solution in context

8 Replies
dm45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
really cool man I love to get one of those
0 Likes
userJ73aa67Ybk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I know right. It just screams Quality. 

0 Likes
dm45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just look at this way man is my last day with the community and I wanna miss you guys a lot I wish I woulda known what to do and so sorry if I disrespected you are the community out there any form or manner but it's time for me to be my family I really really want to learn your platforms and stuff like that but I have to meet disabilities to learn right this 2nd I got a lot of issues going on right now but I have a good day you ever want to chill on this will be my last day so you couldn't hit me up later if you want
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You should take it to a repair facility for evaluation at your earliest convenience.

A very likely cause is a battery that is swelling. 

Solution
userHKzwMWkXKp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you shine a flashlight can you see anything inside? If you see the battery swollen, take it to repair asap, it's quite dangerous.

If the battery is ok, what I would do is cut the remaining glue (check jerryrigeverything on youtube to see how it's done), clean and glue it back. I think they use a glue called B7000. I think the phone lost its water resistance even if glued back together tho.

View solution in context

userJ73aa67Ybk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the reply. I just used a flashlight and it does indeed look like the battery is swelling. I'll make an appointment with a nearby samsung service center. Appreciate the help!

Walt74
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is doing the same thing. It's just coming apart for no apparent reason. I keep getting the error message that no sim card is detected. I got that sim card message 15-20 times a day for several weeks, and I called AT&T to complain that I have to keep shutting my phone down and restart, because it wouldn't work right. Upon taking my phone out of It's case to take the sim card out to clean, and or replace. I noticed my phone bulging and coming apart. My phone case is all that is holding it together. AT&T tells me to make an insurance claim, and I feel like it needs to be replaced by AT&T or Samsung, because it's not abused, beat up, and it's been well taken care of.
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m so sorry to see this, please refer to the accepted solution on this thread for further assistance.

0 Likes