Original topic:

S10+ No touch response at bottom when full screen gestures enabled

(Topic created on: 4/14/20 7:28 PM)
gmadhureddy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi team,

My S10+ lost touch response at bottom of my screen when enable full screen gestures and hint gestures turned off. The touch response works well when I enable gestures. I thought it was screen guard problem. I removed it and tried, the problem still persists. I think it's the software problem as some other users also got this issue and posted the same in android central . I use one UI 2.0 as new update is still delayed by tmobile. Hope this issue will be addressed by samsung and please let me know if there is a solution to this as this is really annoying.

Peace out

Madhu Reddy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
gmadhureddy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi all,

The issue is fixed after updating the one UI app from samsung galaxy store. Try this out and enjoy full screen as before.

Peace out

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
Jsbobby18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So yesterday, when the one ui 2.1 update was available, I looked at the galaxy store and there was a one ui home update available, so I ran it, then I started having the same issue with the bottom of the screen until I got into wifi and updated the android os, so try doing the actual system update to 2.1 if you haven't already

0 Likes
gmadhureddy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi could you please provide some pointers to install the new one UI 2.1 as I did not find any automatic update from tmobile. Btw is the issue fixed in 2.1 one UI update.

Thanks

Madhu

0 Likes
MewTheGamer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am using an unlocled galaxy s10e and for some reason this problem happened to me. I can use the gestures fine but anything else that is at the bottom of the screen doesn't work. Also no one ui 2.1 update yet. Like i can use the gestures to close the keyboard but if i tap too low on the spacebar it doesn't work.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Give these steps a try: 

1. Go to settings

2. Select Apps

3. Select One UI Home

4. If there are updates that need to be uninstalled, you will see uninstall in the bottom left hand corner. If there are no updates that need to be uninstalled, you will see "Disable".

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6BvHbycGx1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Any word of a fix for this.

0 Likes
user6BvHbycGx1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung Galaxy S10 unlocked:

The same thing has been hapening to me the last 2 days. I thought maybe I had dropped it or the bottom of the screen was just broken. I am glad to find out I'm not the only one.

After reading here I tried turning off full screen gestures and the touch does respond on the bottom of the screen. So it's nice to know its not a physical problem. However i have to have full screen gestures on. I turned on the gesture 'hints' and that has significantly improved the touch on the bottom of screen however its still not 100%.

I hope Samsung releases a fix for this soon.

0 Likes
Diegoskrd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It happened to someone else that when you deactivate the "gesture suggestion" to have more screen, the bottom of the phone does not work when you tap?

SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello!

Are you are referring to the navigation bar gestures? If so you would need to swipe up on the gesture option. If you would like to change the navigation bar to the buttons you can do so following these steps.

From Settings, search for and select Navigation bar. Tap Navigation bar again, and then choose between Navigation buttons and Full screen gestures.

You can see more information about the navigation bar from the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062622/

Let me know if this helped!

0 Likes
Diegoskrd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Friend, I know I have to swipe to change from one application to another, etc. But when I deactivate the gesture suggestion, that is, when I hide the three bars below, that part of the screen doesn't work. for example in the instagram bar, it does not work when tapping