JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-03-2021 03:09 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If I've said it once I've said it a throusand times. SAMSUNG DOES NOT CARE WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

They are not going to change it! I dumped the phone and my my 4 Samsung TV's and my Tablets. I have one S10e, sitting on my closet I've yet to get rid of. No one will touch it because of the missing notifiction light. I replaced the  4 TV's with TCL (better picture bonus), 2 iPhones, and two iPad Pros. Life is better after Samsung. No more constant updates etc on the phone. It just got to be to much. They can't get their act together and listen to the customers so tuff noggies. Get rid of them. Good luck. If you hit them in the pocket book, that's when they'll listen.

0 Likes
medicmomsi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To all you recent posters about lack of notification light.. Ive posted this before after experiencing your same anger and frustration.

Ive found an app that does almost everything we need and have been pretty satisfied with it, aodNotify Pro.

Seems Samsung DID build a multicolored notofication LED into the Galazy S10e, but gave it no function or even mention in their product operating guide. It resides surrounding the camera lens on the main display.
aod notify allows you to assign colors, brightness/width of the circle surrounding the lens, you can assign it to basic functions suh as  mail arrival, Messenger, Text Message arrival, battery status and almost any of your add on apps that need a notification  announcement.

It also will activate your Edge illumination, and Display a  writtten message on your always on display.

It lacks some minor functions I used to get with the app LightFlow,  which was excellent but their developers never updated it for the new Samsungs. I still can use it to assign specific notifications sounds as well as Vibration and Text to Speech announcements of incoming events and alarms,  and better control of your Sleep Mode options, but it no longer controls the LED, so Ive turned those functions off so aodNotify can do them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@medicmomsi wrote:

To all you recent posters about lack of notification light.. Ive posted this before after experiencing your same anger and frustration.

Ive found an app that does almost everything we need and have been pretty satisfied with it, aodNotify Pro.

Seems Samsung DID build a multicolored notofication LED into the Galazy S10e, but gave it no function or even mention in their product operating guide. It resides surrounding the camera lens on the main display.
aod notify allows you to assign colors, brightness/width of the circle surrounding the lens, you can assign it to basic functions suh as  mail arrival, Messenger, Text Message arrival, battery status and almost any of your add on apps that need a notification  announcement.

It also will activate your Edge illumination, and Display a  writtten message on your always on display.

It lacks some minor functions I used to get with the app LightFlow,  which was excellent but their developers never updated it for the new Samsungs. I still can use it to assign specific notifications sounds as well as Vibration and Text to Speech announcements of incoming events and alarms,  and better control of your Sleep Mode options, but it no longer controls the LED, so Ive turned those functions off so aodNotify can do them.

Just a question, I finally have a buyer for my S10e. However, if the app you proposed only goes off once it's a deal breaker. In other words, the orginal LED notification light blinked until it was attended to. Does the app you mention allow this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Emoto
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes. It keeps going. If I recall correctly, it will flash its alert for up to 12 hours. I believe it stops after 12 hours. So far, that has not been a problem for me. I am not sure if the old Samsung alerts went on forever or if they stopped after x period of time. 

I did try another app earlier that only flashed right when the activity occurred (lke when a text comes in) and then went out. I got rid of that one quickly. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Emoto wrote:

Yes. It keeps going. If I recall correctly, it will flash its alert for up to 12 hours. I believe it stops after 12 hours. So far, that has not been a problem for me. I am not sure if the old Samsung alerts went on forever or if they stopped after x period of time. 

I did try another app earlier that only flashed right when the activity occurred (lke when a text comes in) and then went out. I got rid of that one quickly. 

Well I checked into it, it's a no go. When an app such as that needs to read, all notifications, including personal information such as contact names and the content of messages you receive. It will also be able to dismiss notifications or activate the buttons they contain. something is rotten in Denmark. There is no need to snoop on anything what so ever. Now in case you were sleeping three plus years ago, congress repealed the privacy act, ever since then Google/Android apps have included must have permissions etc, which is not needed except to snoop and big brother you to death. which is turkey you know what. Haven't anybody noticed the every increasing sp×× and advertisements on you emails and apps on your android equipment. Then Bixby, is a snoopers nightmare. I have made mention in other post, I had four Samsung TV's, two Tablets and been a loyal customer of Samsungs for more years than i can think of. Now i have one Samsung TV on the patio and if i get lucky someone will steal it. I have two new iPad pro tablets (one just wifi for home and the other when I leave the house), four new TCL TVs and an iPhone 11plus. So ask yourselves,  has anyone made an effort to call, email or write their elected officials to have it reinstated? Until u do your whole life is everywhere for anyone to see. Just Google your name. I had to email every site that had my name on it to get it removed permanently.  Think about it. Google/Android!!! If every one stopped buying Samsung then you hit them where it hurts. Then maybe they'll do something. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Emoto wrote:

Thanks for the answer. Even though the app may work somewhat, I'm still going to continue purging all my Samsung products. It's to much of a hassle. I have enough problems and don't need the hassle. Just got rid of my last Samsung TV and I have the S9 and S10e. My back operation date is messing me up. Ater that I'll have all the time I need to totally be Samsung free. To bad for them. I update some things evrey year and other every two years. If you wanna take stuff from me, fine....... I;ll just go else where especially at those prices and aggravation.

0 Likes
Red51
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try the app Always On Edge-Edge Lighting.  Camera ring lights up. There are other options too. It's worked for me since I got my S10+ when it first came out.

0 Likes
useryKKP3zWb1S
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
if the edge light isn't put back on I will no longer buy Samsung they do this all the time update and change things
0 Likes