JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-26-2019 06:46 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
userwcHQyxgdn7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can live without that feature

0 Likes
userpq79AENzXR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes I can. I can also live without the ability to access internet as well as not have a camera. Point is its a feature i rely on quite often, a main feature i use.

izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exactly. The point is it's not that we cannot live without that tiny little LED. However, living without it is inconvenient.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
userOEoMPuislm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I too have become very accustomed to the notification LED. With 60 year old eyes I can still see the notification status of the phone from across the room or at night on my bed stand.

Having the led flash until you read the message is a very useful feature.

AOD is not a replacement for this. I have also never liked AOD and always turn it off.

Wanting to upgrade my S7 Edge I waited for the Pixel 3 then decided to wait for the S10+. I was very disappointed to find out that they both have done away with the led or a suitable alternative.

I will wait a bit to see if Samsung comes up with an update. Not interested in using 3rd party apps. 

When the time comes if the update is not ready I will get an S9+ instead.

I emailed Samsung, this is their reply. Would be nice if they really understood better the reason for eliminating the led.  It has nothing to do with Pie or the user interface at all!

I would like to inform you that the feature of the LED notification was been removed from the S10+ due to the pie update and a new feature called Edge Lightening was been included in the phone. The Edge feature is has a better user interface as compared to the LED Notification.

winedrop
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If this is what they reply i will sell my S10+ soon and get back my S9+. unacceptable explanations!

userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have already requested return of my s10 and gonna back to s8.....my adventure ends with s10, too.

Edge feature is has a better user interface as compared to the LED Notification.

That was silly answer...this "better UI" doesn't work with gmail, hangouts,  whatsapp, messenger, Skype, charging phone...should I mentioned more?? If it is working for some app then you will have edge lighting only once, there is no repetition mechanism like with old Led notification light ..They should ensure that feature is working  before claiming that is super duper..

0 Likes
userblhUKuQ3LV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userWmCfcCyRUL So even the "replacement" Edge Feature does not work with Messenger or Gmail??  Why? It doesn't support them? It does not work properly? What exactly do you mean?

PS: Even if it works it's a bad replacement of the LED notification method as LED was constantly lighting until you removed the notification and this is my preferred method and not just appear once.

0 Likes
user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes edge lighting not working with my s10+ anyway, only  message work, the rest of them never work with screen off, Samsung support is a joke, they even get in my phone and do all the setting still not working, I am very disappointed and missing led notification, never buy Samsung again.

userOEoMPuislm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@winedrop As someone who went from the S9+ to the S10+ , other than the lack of notification led, what major differences have you noted?

I am asking from my point of view looking to upgrade from the S7 Edge to the S9+ wanting to know what I will be sacrificing (not goint to the S10+) other than faster processor and a slightly better camera. I am very happy with the S7 Edge camera so know that I will be blown away by the camera in the S9+.

0 Likes
winedrop
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

userOEoMPuislm 

In youtube there are better guide for comparing from phone to phone. i am not good at putting them together by telling you what is the different and i am not pro to do that too, don't want to misguided you man. 🙂

0 Likes