JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-26-2019 10:25 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
Newsflash
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you saying that you don't get a flash notification on the screen

0 Likes
Dewracng
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes,and no. What the problem is there is NO repeat visual notification reminders of missed phone calls or texts. There is a few ways to get an initial notification either with edge lighting or screen flash/rear camera flash but that is a one time thing. If you aren't looking at your phone when it happens that feature is useless. What we all want and I'm sure I'm speaking for thousands is a notifications led just like there was on every Galaxy phone since the S2 or something similar. The other phones prior to the S10 series ALL had the LED indicator in the top left that would continuously flash to let you know you missed a call or text until you opened the phone which then cleared that notification. As I've stated I'm a disabled veteran who's hearing isnt that great to begin with and with the current set up or software I any time I step away from my phone I now must pick up the phone to see if I missed anything whereas before all I needed to do was look at it and the LED would be flashing letting me know I missed a call or text. There are option for Samsung to correct this issue by using the front camera ring cut out and use it for the new notification reminders as it should be something that can be done via a software update. Signed upset dedicated Samsung user. It may sound dumb to some but for me it's a deal breaker as I'm not only a Samsung phone guy but I have 3 Samsung TVs a Samsung Refrigerator, dishwasher, and stove as I love their products but with that said to remove a feature without taking into consideration that people rely on it is simply rediculous!

@Newsflash wrote:

@Newsflash wrote:

!!!

userGGYxgjVyuZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I totally agreee. I was a constant samsung byer. The first and the most important think in my decision against IPhone was this LED!!!!

I am disapointed!. I paid so much for a better phone, not for the one with less futures!. I am thinking to give it back and stay with my Samsung 8S plus.

Signed, another disapointed customer!

Newsflash
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When its locked and can't get the edge light to work

userypjJujZpY5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy s8 to a Beautiful Galaxy s10.... really missing my blinking notifications light which used to notify me of missed calls or text while phasing was powered ¹off. Are there any other options on my s10 or possible changes coming in software updates to simply my new s10 so I don't have to unlock my phone and check visibly for incoming missed calls or text? DRG

userlRJtebDveF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There's a solution whilst we wait for the update, if you go to Settings: Advanced settings: Flash notifications and gives you a choice of camera flash or a screen flash... Doesn't look very nice but it's at least something lol

bv2000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was shocked to realize the LED notifications were missing.  Seriously considering returning the S10+ and getting an apple.   Why isn't that mentioned whrw they talk about all the new features.

user3cJQnTrjzZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I totally agree. We need this back ASAP!

userHJjTSyUseD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well said....I totally agree !! They've taken away one of the most important 'visual' notifications. What about hard of hearing or totally deaf people?..  Quite an unbelievable omission !!  The sooner they fix it the sooner they get their street cred back. 

userxXlTHB1wxK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yea, the LED went away with the S9 series which really got me upset and it is not on the S10.

They also did away with making a phone while you are in your messaging app by putting up to your ear instead of tapping on the phone icon.  Forget what the feature was called but I used it alot.

Hopefully, these two items I mentioned will be brougt back.

0 Likes