JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 11-28-2019 03:42 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
glivaron
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I really have to admit that I REALLY MISS HAVING AN LED INDICATOR !!

I've had this S10+ for a few months now, and man oh man do I miss having the LED!!

user0aMvRdTMvK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For the love of god, PLEASE make a notification "LED". I don't even want a ring of light around the camera cut-out. Just a few blinking pixels will do. Honestly how difficult is this?! If (message) then blink some lights <- There is your pseudocode. I have to pick up the phone and activate the screen all the time JUST to see if I received a message or missed a call or whatever. On my old S8, all I had to do was look at the phone, even from across the room, and I would know. Is this what we paid so much money for? Serious let down. With EVERY update I hope that there finally is some tiny code in there that makes some lights blink if the phone wants to say "hey, you should have a quick look". I don't want to have to check the screen all the time. I promise and swear that if there is no notification in any SENSIBLE way (the edge light for a few seconds does not cut it!) I will not buy another Samsung phone. I will buy a phone that has the common sense to include a blinking light and will support a company that has the intelligence to say "hey, you know what, just a simple blinking light on the screen will save people a lot of headaches. Let's include this extremely simple solution!". And no, I will not use any kind of "Holey light third party solution as it needs far reaching permissions. Permissions which I should never even think of giving third party apps if you would simply add a BLINKING LIGHT. WHERE IS IT SAMSUNG?

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Good afternoon, this message is to inform you that a message of yours has been edited on page for your use of language. Please be advised that use of inappropriate language and profanity is not tolerated in the Samsung Community including synonyms and alternative wording. Continued use of this language can and will lead to a temporary and/or permanent ban from the Community. We sincerely appreciate your posts and hope you can continue to assist others in a polite and welcoming manor.

Christopher3375
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Download edge Lighting +

0 Likes
userluCuxd8Y5R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm about to return my note 10 plus just because of not having a led notification. This was a wrong call from Samsung to remove it completely. Please release an update soon to be able to see some type of led notification on the screen. 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There are some suggestions for having the LED notifications here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/LED-NOTIFICATIONS/m-p/743567

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userhz4Elg09Wb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is there not going to be a Samsung fix for this? Just got the phone and as it's on silent at work most fo the time I keep missing the fact that there is a missed call or text. I still have time to return it and get something with such a basic feature so it would be good to know if this is likley to be fixed.

Might as well take the ringer off!

For hearing impared people who use the phone without audio it makes in nearly useless, very disappoining something so basic is missing. What user research did they do to think to remove it?

0 Likes
Samsung_BbvXXRb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The notification light you miss is a hardware feature Samsung removed in favor of Edge Lighting which Samsung seems to have already abandoned.

0 Likes
Ejm5560
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just use the aod display. It's not that necessary to have the LED notification when charging it's very visible to see what's the status and just tap your screen and it will display messages and other stuff..

userMl1SRP3ep6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The whole point of the notification is to let you know so you dont have to check your phone with a tap...