JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 07:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
517 Replies
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You wouldn't state your source?

That says all I need to know about your "information".

Also - if you weren't the only one who was told this information....why is literally no one else reporting it? 

I certainly am taking it personally, because I strongly dislike when people spread false rumors and pass them off as fact, and then refuse to take responsibility for it. "Fake news" is one of, if not the, largest problems in this world today, and it comes in many, many forms. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user78UemM9GIA Well then you can revvl in all that "fake news" then and continue to be angry like everyone else who doesn't get an update exactly when it is expected. It's the equivalent of a train not being on time and then blaming the driver of the train for things that are beyond their power to control. That's what you're doing blaming me. If one of my fellow Ambassadors who was at the event wishes to say something here, they can. They probably don't want the wrath of @user78UemM9GIA coming down on them. I can't blame them. Settle down, no "fake news" has been told to you. If you don't believe me, I really don't care, that's up to you. Go return your phone, isn't this the last day? Better run. 

user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I mean, it's baffling how you don't understand how this looks. "Random internet guy" claims to have talked to a Samsung executive that he conveniently can't remember the name of who said this feature would be in an update on release date. Not only did it not happen, this random internet guy is literally the only person on the internet claiming that this feature is coming. And yet you can't understand why you're not considered a trustworthy source, especially when you make comments  such as "well if I did remember his name I wouldn't say it anyway"? 

I'm not angry that the update didn't happen. I'm angry that you came on this forum lying to other users and marked this topic as "solved" when it absolutely hasn't. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user78UemM9GIA  I can't mark other topics solved. Only the OP and mods can do that. I am not a "random internet guy". 

I see now that this back and forth between us is on repeat. The fact that you come to the Community and have exclusively posted on this thread alone makes me seriously doubt you even have, or had, an S10 product. I wouldn't give out an executive's name, that's 100% correct. Just how I am not giving you my name. It's called a right to privacy. You can claim I am a "liar" all you would like to. My record stands for itself. Cheers, and good luck in your future endeavors @user78UemM9GIA! 😁

user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You're pretty good at just making things up, aren't you? Nice try, I've had my S10 since two days before launch, because for some reason AT&T shipped it to me early. 

The fact that you wouldn't give out the name of the executive who apparently told you false information kills any credibility you think you have, with your "track record". That's how this works. If you want people to believe you, you need to prove you had an actual source. In this case, you've been proven wrong, yet are absolutely stubborn and refuse to admit it. 

The update didn't happen. There's literally no indication it's ever going to, because you are the only person on the internet claiming to have this "inside information" - yet you're not a moderator or an employee of Samsung.

If you can't see how that clearly looks, then there's no help for you. 

userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Toatally agree with your statement,  as I'm also frustrated and disliking fake news broadcasting. I know few persons who they just literally  skipped ordering s10 just due to this ridiculous led diod removal. Dear Samsung members, ambassadors and so on  - better was to say update will come at release day 8th of March or later or there is no confirmation and to not ensure wrongly people that it will come with first update...it is really game of words, and there is always update option to correct bad words input

@user78UemM9GIA wrote:

You're pretty good at just making things up, aren't you? Nice try, I've had my S10 since two days before launch, because for some reason AT&T shipped it to me early. 

The fact that you wouldn't give out the name of the executive who apparently told you false information kills any credibility you think you have, with your "track record". That's how this works. If you want people to believe you, you need to prove you had an actual source. In this case, you've been proven wrong, yet are absolutely stubborn and refuse to admit it. 

The update didn't happen. There's literally no indication it's ever going to, because you are the only person on the internet claiming to have this "inside information" - yet you're not a moderator or an employee of Samsung.

If you can't see how that clearly looks, then there's no help for you. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I unfortunately don't even have my phone yet despite pre-oredering some time ago but now I am considering cancelling my upgrade order. As evidenced by pages of replies customer's do take this missing feature seriously. While the lack of an LED notification light might be no big deal to most people, for some it's a deal breaker.

userYAXMie3uRp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I really miss having the notification light. Now I have to pick up my phone to see that I have a message or if my battery is full. Cab we get that feature back? Or an app that does that.

0 Likes
Jackymass23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found one app that does it. The problem is the app is not well optimized, it works well for some and not so much for others. It is possible, Samsung just need to update One UI to give us customers the option to do it.

Watch this tutorial.

https://youtu.be/FSLbzsrXDHQ

0 Likes
user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try this app but so many bugs and not fully optimized for this phone.