Original topic:

S10 charging issue

(Topic created: 07-16-2021 05:05 PM)
whisky56
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My wife and i both have the S10. We both have the same issue that showed up at about the same time. Both phones will charge on a wireless charger and also with the wall block. But neither phone will charge on a mobile charger plugged into the lighter ports. I know i will get lots of check your port, check your cord, you power port is bad in the car, try another cord etc. So here is the kicker, her car is a Subaru outback, mine is a Ford F150. Same problem in both vehicles on 2 different power cords and when i swap cords . I thought it was a power cord issue at first but i purchased new cords, same brand from Verizon, and still the same issue.  Have tried doing the forced restart and it will charge in slow charge until i enter my passcode and let the phone completely start. I have turned off wifi, bluetooth, mobile data and still same issue.

0 Likes
7 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When you say lighter port, do you mean cigarette lighter to USB?
0 Likes
whisky56
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

cigarette lighter. The charging cord is the cigarette lighter connector with the coiled cord usb-c. I now have 4, two are 3 years old, two are less than a week old. Does not charge on any of the 4 if they are plugged into any cigarette lighter port in both vehicles. There are 4 locations in the Subaru and 3 in the Ford. I also have a cigarette lighter wall plug that i can plug into the house, plug the cigarette lighter charging cord into it and still will not charge. But if i use any charging block, Samsung or Anker with usb cable they both charge like always. Also both charge fine on wireless chargers. 

0 Likes
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Submit an error report through the Samsung Members app! It definitely sounds like your charging port just doesn't support that phone

0 Likes
whisky56
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Smew, that would not be the case. 2 different vehicles, 2 phones, both stopped about the same time. Both have been charging in both vehicles for about 3 years.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are the cigarette lighter charging blocks rated for 3A? Most that are on the market are only 1A or 2A.

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is not a software issue
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Replace charging port