JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

(Topic created: 04-13-2020 05:42 PM)
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used to have a Samsung S8 and put it in my jeans pocket all the time. That phone does not even have a screen protector and in 2 years it did not even have a single scratch on the screen.

Now I am using a new S10 plus, within 3 weeks, the screen is now cracked from the inside. I did not drop the phone, no outside damage, screen protector shows no damage, the screen just cracked from the inside.

I really expect $1000 phone has a proper screen, not something soft and easy to crack like this. I called Samsung Premium Care and they asked for $99 plus tax to replace another phone.

This is very frustrated for me because this is not my fault to have the screen crack. I spent $1000 for the phone and I expect it to have a proper screen which I am not worry about anything while put it in my Jean pocket.

I am tired of back and forth argument. I am not supposed to pay anything. This is Samsung's responsibility for their products, and I expect to have a proper product in hand. This product is still under warranty and I need it to be replaced

Not sure if this happen to anyone else

86 Replies
userixcpnWyr22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I love the camera on the Galaxy S10 plus, but this LSD screen issue is making me feel like I am losing my mind.  I took the plunge with this expensive phone and I totally regret it.  In less than a year I am on my 3rd S10 plus phone and I have had it less than 2 weeks and it has cracked once again right at the bezel.  It was not dropped and I had it in a UB Pro case and the protective plastic film that the screen came with because of the finger sensor which I had to disable on my first S10 plus because  I started developing trigger thumb due to the poor performance.  Anyway last Friday I pulled it out of my purse and was mortified to see the crack on the right side lower edge.  Also note that the first 2 cracked right near the power button and I read that there is a defect with the glass being weak in that spot.  I would appreciate feedback and/or suggestions regarding this matter and I really don't want this to be a $1,600 phone with another year on my payment plan to go.

Thanks! 

@

Samsung_EkFYJQt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I hear you,on 4th ph myself don't want plan either,tmobile is also,much higher had then b4,lots of downs.c/s wait always long. What happened to were here for you? @links for members

0 Likes
Samsung_IaW8cXz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You are negligent. They have no obligation to you

0 Likes
J0EMAZING
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did they break it, or did you? Do you have insurance? Samsung is not fully responsible for damage on sold products unless covered by warranty.

0 Likes
user1DPXMYuX4L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Omg. Same thing has happened to mine. Brand new phone. I got only the best cases for protection. I have never dropped this phone to cause these cracks. Manufacture design flaw maybe of sorts. Screans built cheaper as phones become thinner and larger I dont know but its frustrating to say the least. I've had this phone only 2 months. My previous phones I've had for years before any kind of minor cracks occurred. I love my Samsung always have and am very disappointed in this particular phones durability. A matter a fact it has no durability apparently because usually you have to drop your phone just the right way in these cases to get a crack like that. I use the top of the line otter box case that you have to clip together. I also wonder if the case could have anything to do with it. Very disappointed to say the least. This should be covered under warranty. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well I have the galaxy note 10 plus and I been having it way before it launched and never have zero issues with I have dropped it a couples times not from the same day but different days apart and never had a crack or mini scratches or screen issues or anything like that not sure why yall having this problems maybe some phones were buld differently or the construction of some parts of the phone is weaker then other parts of the phone not sure but never had a crack or scratches with or without a case it is a curved screen and the battery is extremely excellent zero issues like I said or never over heat either or drain either

0 Likes
user8pKs14AF4U
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have owned Samsung phones since galaxy s4 with barely a scratch on any of them. When I got s9, I went thru 3 phone replacements due to cracked screens. Actually 1 phone had water damage in Sim card slot but phone was never submerged in water. Only got wet when walking to car in rain. Also always had case on too. I don't put phone in my pocket, I only use holsters and full phone "durable" cases. I never dropped my phones. The screens are just too brittle. So far S10 is still OK. But I am not very confident it will last.

0 Likes
user8pKs14AF4U
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
my S10 has 2 cracks on the screen now. that didnt take very long. crack seems to only be on outer layers of glass screen. barely detectable unless you are trying to trade your phone in for newer model.
0 Likes
userdeFJX7XkRs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would like to add here that I also had my phone crack from the right side button also. I dropped the phone with a case about 2 feet onto carpet and the glass cracked like this. It is obvious to that it is a defect.

I work in the glass industry. Normal tempered glass does not break that easy, and this is corning gorilla glass. 

Samsung denied any defect and said if you hit a phone just right it might crack. I call bult. The button area is flawed.

0 Likes
Juan_Anaya
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just happened to me today again. This is the second time where it just cracks in my pants. I'm not wearing tight pants and it's in my front pocket, and the first time it cracked near volume buttons and today it was near the bottom left corner. The glass on these phones is pathetic. I just repaired the phone about 6 days ago at UBreakIFix and it's absurd that I even had to do that considering that this phone was more than 1000 dollars and I'm not doing it again. Just switching to iPhone. 

0 Likes