JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

(Topic created: 04-13-2020 06:01 PM)
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used to have a Samsung S8 and put it in my jeans pocket all the time. That phone does not even have a screen protector and in 2 years it did not even have a single scratch on the screen.

Now I am using a new S10 plus, within 3 weeks, the screen is now cracked from the inside. I did not drop the phone, no outside damage, screen protector shows no damage, the screen just cracked from the inside.

I really expect $1000 phone has a proper screen, not something soft and easy to crack like this. I called Samsung Premium Care and they asked for $99 plus tax to replace another phone.

This is very frustrated for me because this is not my fault to have the screen crack. I spent $1000 for the phone and I expect it to have a proper screen which I am not worry about anything while put it in my Jean pocket.

I am tired of back and forth argument. I am not supposed to pay anything. This is Samsung's responsibility for their products, and I expect to have a proper product in hand. This product is still under warranty and I need it to be replaced

Not sure if this happen to anyone else

86 Replies
NeoSpiritWolf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you can find an independent phone repairer they could probably fix your problem for a lot cheaper. They would only have to fix the LEDs and not the screen. Hopefully this helps.

0 Likes
BaranAliU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i also had the problem but I cant help because mine was damaged from a high drop

0 Likes
MarsOne
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'd take the replacement. Most of them are new and only some are refurbished.

0 Likes
Yates21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The s10 is going to be my last Samsung product until they get rid of the curved screen.  My first crack occured in my pocket as well when I was loading groceries into my apartment.  The second time, it fell out of my pocket onto carpet at the movie theather while I was sitting down.  I had to pay nearly $300 out of pocket to replace the first one with the new one.  I treat these phones like they're my children because of how expensive they were, yet I'm getting punished for seemingly nothing because the screen is so insanely fragile.  Both times they cracked though, the screen would completely shut off from the crack, down.  I'll provide pics but the first time it did it, the shut off area turned black, and this time it's white.  Now I'm without a fully functioning phone and my job requires me to use my phone to record video, analyze the video, and communicate time schedules with my coworkers.  I'm a college med student that's just paid rent, tuition, and is gearing up for Christmas.  I can't afford a new phone, but I have to find a way to get one thanks to Samsung's love for these godforsaken curved edges. 

gofundme.jpg

0 Likes
usert5raoo0Qrp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue Note 10+ .

'Spontaneous' crack originating from around the power button area and across the screen in a few directions.

I've had every galaxy and note known to man.

I look after them very well.  I've had drops and cracked screens in the past.  I know what it takes to crack one and I am very conscious of any impact or pressure.

It's going to be impossible to prove I didn't mis-treat this phone.  I am as certain as I can be that there was no impact.  Yesterday I do remember it in my pocket with the slightest amount of pressure, that's being completely honest...  as I really don't think it did anything.  It's almost not worth noting... but if that smallest amount of pressure was enough for it to almost spontaneously crack 24 hrs later...  there's a big difference with this phone and every samsung I've had until now.

0 Likes
usersklBCSpdih
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to my s9+. The quality of the glass went south and Samsung is making a lot of money off of us. 😞

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Had this happen to my s9 plus except it developed a black blotch on the right side of the edge when i handled the phone carefully. This is clearly a design flaw with the curved screens. I posted this last year. I heard Samsung is decreasing the curved edge on the S11 plus a little . Hopefully they listen and phase out the curved edges. This is so annoying.

userugL6iUa1ZL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Had my phone for 31 days! Cracked with a screen protector and the cover you get with Samsung phone. Never dropped phone. Should have taken the Samsung Care option but only offer it for 30day. Suprising

Samsung_EkFYJQt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

S10 Galaxy user,actually not suprising.my 2cracked,not from drop,got care option,3rd had probs(thought hacked)got 4th,now merger n ph has issues even cate option has a co fee,was surprised by thatπŸ˜„@

0 Likes
Samsung_ypNvVhs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I purchased the Note 10+ 5G. I have owned it for approximately 40 days. I upgraded from the S9+. Verizon store personnel put an Invisible Shield Ultra Visionguard protector on while I was in the store. I also purchased the Samsung Rugged Protector Cover with dual kickstand. I have had no problems so far. This combination has proven itself in the past. I'll keep you posted.

0 Likes