JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

(Topic created: 07-15-2020 02:32 AM)
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used to have a Samsung S8 and put it in my jeans pocket all the time. That phone does not even have a screen protector and in 2 years it did not even have a single scratch on the screen.

Now I am using a new S10 plus, within 3 weeks, the screen is now cracked from the inside. I did not drop the phone, no outside damage, screen protector shows no damage, the screen just cracked from the inside.

I really expect $1000 phone has a proper screen, not something soft and easy to crack like this. I called Samsung Premium Care and they asked for $99 plus tax to replace another phone.

This is very frustrated for me because this is not my fault to have the screen crack. I spent $1000 for the phone and I expect it to have a proper screen which I am not worry about anything while put it in my Jean pocket.

I am tired of back and forth argument. I am not supposed to pay anything. This is Samsung's responsibility for their products, and I expect to have a proper product in hand. This product is still under warranty and I need it to be replaced

Not sure if this happen to anyone else

86 Replies
usersklBCSpdih
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Similar thing happened to mine20191223_173655.jpg

0 Likes
userkjDxTiMLeQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thats the exact spot mine cracked too

@Samsung_bUC1n7M wrote:

56462392_2275507279194680_1254762729747513344_n.jpg56587604_2279599498986781_5690001402777042944_n.jpg56649402_1195593400621993_4173510074750205952_n.jpg56685832_290306511889628_2880676415588532224_n.jpgcracked phone.jpg

0 Likes
userzMPc2p0ioB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

similar thing happen to me even i haven't dropped my phone i guess there is some issue in the screen but for a $1000 phone screen should not be that much sensitive

0 Likes
Sammirae237
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung has very very poor customer service and is concerned with its customers to the bare minimum...

In 2016 I had insurance and everything on my s6.

The phone caught fire!! And they claimed they would replace it...

They ended up sending me a phone that literally glitched right after I turned it on and then it also caught fire After syncing my Google account.

Mind you, the time for me to send the first phone in and recieve a new one was about a 5 week process!!. And it happened twice!!

Then when the 3rd phone had an issue, they said my warranty was up and that I'd have to buy a brand new phone!!! I'm still paying on that phone!!!

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I posted pic with the post, and with my response but it did not show up lol

0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Try with the chrome browser 

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just did in your previous response. Thank you sir

0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

From the looks of it, it looks like there was impact by the power button. To my knowledge I know that the warranty only covers defects and not physical damage. Only thing I can suggest is taking it into your nearest your nearest ubreakifix or send it into Samsung. I tagged a moderator hopefully they can help you with your issue

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So you're telling me Samsung sold $1000 phone without responsible of its own damage caused by the power button? Customer has to pay for Samsung extra $100 to get a proper product? Very nice from Samsung. An expensive phone without warranty for physical self-damaged 

Solution
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much for reaching out for further assistance. We would recommend having a certified repair technician evaluate your device at one of the walk-in locations.

You can locate the nearest location by visiting this link: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes