JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

(Topic created: 09-08-2020 08:49 AM)
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used to have a Samsung S8 and put it in my jeans pocket all the time. That phone does not even have a screen protector and in 2 years it did not even have a single scratch on the screen.

Now I am using a new S10 plus, within 3 weeks, the screen is now cracked from the inside. I did not drop the phone, no outside damage, screen protector shows no damage, the screen just cracked from the inside.

I really expect $1000 phone has a proper screen, not something soft and easy to crack like this. I called Samsung Premium Care and they asked for $99 plus tax to replace another phone.

This is very frustrated for me because this is not my fault to have the screen crack. I spent $1000 for the phone and I expect it to have a proper screen which I am not worry about anything while put it in my Jean pocket.

I am tired of back and forth argument. I am not supposed to pay anything. This is Samsung's responsibility for their products, and I expect to have a proper product in hand. This product is still under warranty and I need it to be replaced

Not sure if this happen to anyone else

86 Replies
userxQLW2Jc2W3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My S10+ just cracked again in the same spot just below the power button. I just put it down on the table and there it was. Last time it cracked was back in March of this year and I filed a claim and got this replacement after paying the $99 fee. I really don't want to pay another $99. I still owe $400 on the phone through Verizon. I wish I could get the Google Phone or if the S20 is any better quality wise. Although I'm not feeling good about Samsung right now.

0 Likes
Samsung_YonIMb9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Stop buying SAMSUNG

Asapjayfizzle17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've learned my lesson got and outterbox defineder series case works perfectly never have worrie about cracking my screen again 😅🤣

0 Likes
user44txiz8wRl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to my S10. I also had a S8 snd even after dropping it several times and putting in my jeans pocket, not one scatch in 3 years . I haven't even had this phone s year and it cracked on the edge just like yours and 2 days later it has scooped down and towards the top . 

0 Likes
userFI3KC59YY4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem! I never had an issue with my S8 and now i have to replace my screen again! 

0 Likes
Proud-S10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
S10 Cracked Screen

My screen cracked on the left side, center right where it curves. This is the second time my screen has cracked and it's in the exact same spot. Has anyone else experienced this same issue?
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes