JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

(Topic created on: 4/5/19 12:56 PM)
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used to have a Samsung S8 and put it in my jeans pocket all the time. That phone does not even have a screen protector and in 2 years it did not even have a single scratch on the screen.

Now I am using a new S10 plus, within 3 weeks, the screen is now cracked from the inside. I did not drop the phone, no outside damage, screen protector shows no damage, the screen just cracked from the inside.

I really expect $1000 phone has a proper screen, not something soft and easy to crack like this. I called Samsung Premium Care and they asked for $99 plus tax to replace another phone.

This is very frustrated for me because this is not my fault to have the screen crack. I spent $1000 for the phone and I expect it to have a proper screen which I am not worry about anything while put it in my Jean pocket.

I am tired of back and forth argument. I am not supposed to pay anything. This is Samsung's responsibility for their products, and I expect to have a proper product in hand. This product is still under warranty and I need it to be replaced

Not sure if this happen to anyone else

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much for reaching out for further assistance. We would recommend having a certified repair technician evaluate your device at one of the walk-in locations.

You can locate the nearest location by visiting this link: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
86 Replies
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Pics

0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you provide pictures of the damage here?

@SamsungNik 

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

56462392_2275507279194680_1254762729747513344_n.jpg56587604_2279599498986781_5690001402777042944_n.jpg56649402_1195593400621993_4173510074750205952_n.jpg56685832_290306511889628_2880676415588532224_n.jpgcracked phone.jpg

0 Likes
Samsung_3Mmw3dX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to mine in the same spot. 

usermmJMOp5Qtj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here only on the left side. . But starts right on the side by the volumn buttons

@Samsung_3Mmw3dX wrote:

user44txiz8wRl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine also!!

0 Likes
userkc75Dd20HN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Samsung_3Mmw3dX wrote:

Same thing happened to my Note 10+ in the exact same spot just like in these pictures. The phone had a case and the phone was in my purse, I did not drop my phone or my purse. I paid 1100 for this thing! I upgraded from a Note 5 and it didnt have a case on it, never had a screen spontaneously crack in my bag! Further the salesperson said I had a screen protector, I went back to the store another person said it really only protects against scratches. I definitely feel lied to.

0 Likes
userJXkuRI5bgU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Samsung_3Mmw3dX wrote:

Same thing to me bro! How crazy I'm just going through this process and I see now it's not gonna be easy

0 Likes
userrxhbNCZZkf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

20190911_105140.jpg

I'm an EU customer. Same thing happened to me with my S10+. This is after just one and a half month of use (phone was in case). I never dropped the phone, and I also tend to put the phone in my front jeans pocket. Claimed an insurancy, and had to pay around 160$ for repairs. I'm now more careful with the phone, but if the same crack near power button will happen again in the next 12 months, this will be the last Samsung phone I will ever use, unless Samsung comes up with some free-repair or return policy for this model. I don't believe in coincidences, and I will certainly not pay for something that is apparently not my fault. Had an older S series model, and never had any problems with my phone for years.

0 Likes