JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

(Topic created on: 4/5/19 12:56 PM)
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used to have a Samsung S8 and put it in my jeans pocket all the time. That phone does not even have a screen protector and in 2 years it did not even have a single scratch on the screen.

Now I am using a new S10 plus, within 3 weeks, the screen is now cracked from the inside. I did not drop the phone, no outside damage, screen protector shows no damage, the screen just cracked from the inside.

I really expect $1000 phone has a proper screen, not something soft and easy to crack like this. I called Samsung Premium Care and they asked for $99 plus tax to replace another phone.

This is very frustrated for me because this is not my fault to have the screen crack. I spent $1000 for the phone and I expect it to have a proper screen which I am not worry about anything while put it in my Jean pocket.

I am tired of back and forth argument. I am not supposed to pay anything. This is Samsung's responsibility for their products, and I expect to have a proper product in hand. This product is still under warranty and I need it to be replaced

Not sure if this happen to anyone else

JUMP TO SOLUTION
86 Replies
userZucNf1aMfR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My son's phone has a hairline fracture crack, too, and he has never dropped it.  I'm incredibly disappointed for the price that this has happened.  I had the old S5 and for years and never had a problem.

I plan to take his phone in this week.  Did you ever get resolve to your problem?

@Samsung_bUC1n7M wrote:

@Rydah 

So I contacted Samsung Premium Care, I agree to pay $99 plus tax for deductable and now they're telling me Repair option is not available, only replacement.

I don't want to replace my phone. Can you help? I spoke with Both SamSung Premium Care & Samsung customer Support, and they really don't understand the question. Samsung Premium care asked me to called Samsung CS, and Samsung CS asked me to call Samsung Premium Care

I wasted 1 and half hour yesterday on the phone, result in cancelling 1 existing claim, created another and still can not repair my phone

Please advise. This is too much

userwR6vbameve
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to my Note10+ phone ... with cracks appearing in screen after 2.5 weeks despite always being in a hard rubber case and never being dropped or mishandled.  Is there a flaw in the new screen design?  I never had a problem with my Galaxy S8.

Nenay8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine keeps cracking right down the middle 4 times now!  Its 45 dollars everytime!  Not fair!  I am definitely going back to apple very soon!  Samsung is going down hill!  Their products aren't what they used to be.

Curious to know if anyone else has called Samsung also about it.  I think I am going to especially reading thru some of these posts.

0 Likes
Samsung_EkFYJQt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nice to hear,all should be made whole,no matter ph or issue merger not our choice:D

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have attached few photos but none of them showed up. So I just change my avatar lol, I am using my phone at this moment

userSqR18tnsGG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My s10 had a cracked screen in the box.  Retailer says "they won't believe you" file an insurance claim.   It later gets dropped (my fault but man they're slippery) from 18", screen cracks even more.  But whatever, I have insurance anyway.  Asurion says "We won't fix s10 screens" and offer to sell me another phone for $275.   From a $29 repair to a $275 replacement for a $1000 phone that was broken when it was sent to me.  Yaaaaay!

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey friend

Just file the claim online via Samsung Premium Care ( Asurion), Wait for the claim to be under review & approve after 24 hour. Then you take the claim number + your phone to Samsung Experience Store , show them Claim Number and pay $99 deductable plus tax, they will repair the screen for you in less than 2 hours

That's what I was told, I will fix tomorrow. Hope it helps you a bit

0 Likes
Xrstoy1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Samsung_bUC1n7M wrote:

I have attached few photos but none of them showed up. So I just change my avatar lol, I am using my phone at this moment

Unfortunantly for you there is no way they will say that broke by "Itself".

There is a definant impact spider crack by the power button. Take the insurance and be glad you HAD it.

0 Likes
Juanaman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm sorry not trying to be mean or anything but that looks like user damage there is no way on this planet the top producer of mobile devices are going to put a "cheaper screen" in there devices look like you put to much pressure or something did that cause that type of crack but that was deff not cause of the screen

user44txiz8wRl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Has happened to many of us. Exact same type of cracking in same exact spots on phone.

0 Likes