JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

(Topic created: 04-05-2019 12:56 PM)
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used to have a Samsung S8 and put it in my jeans pocket all the time. That phone does not even have a screen protector and in 2 years it did not even have a single scratch on the screen.

Now I am using a new S10 plus, within 3 weeks, the screen is now cracked from the inside. I did not drop the phone, no outside damage, screen protector shows no damage, the screen just cracked from the inside.

I really expect $1000 phone has a proper screen, not something soft and easy to crack like this. I called Samsung Premium Care and they asked for $99 plus tax to replace another phone.

This is very frustrated for me because this is not my fault to have the screen crack. I spent $1000 for the phone and I expect it to have a proper screen which I am not worry about anything while put it in my Jean pocket.

I am tired of back and forth argument. I am not supposed to pay anything. This is Samsung's responsibility for their products, and I expect to have a proper product in hand. This product is still under warranty and I need it to be replaced

Not sure if this happen to anyone else

JUMP TO SOLUTION
86 Replies
Samsung_vyZj2oB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is so obvious its user caused damage.

usersa2GAAosnR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This same exact thing happened to both my S8 and S10. The difference between then and now is that my s8 was no longer under warranty and honestly I figured maybe I had dropped it and simply forgot (although i knew better because one never forgets dropping $1K + dollars on the ground or anywhere else for that matter). I replaced the screen on the 8 without reaching out to Samsung because it happened nearly 2 years after I purchased it. Fast fwd to today and the same thing happens with the S10 not even 3 hours after activating it and this scheming company turns around and says that they dont cover "physical damage," regardless of the cause and despite the screen being obviously weak and defective. After seeing how easily the screen can scratch & scuff by merely sitting in the pocket section of my purse, I took the precaution of purchasing a screen protector for the front and back of the phone and yet, the screen cracks on its own without EVER BEING DROPPED OR SAT ON. If you look on Google you can clearly see that customers have experienced RANDOM cracked screens, UNPROVOKED by clumsiness and negligence BY THE CUSTOMER as far back as the 8, as there are many forums with customers complaining of the same defect from the S8 thru the S10. This company has yet to consider it a defect because they are avoiding responsibilIty in order to get away with not replacing defected phones. But when we're talking over $1K and 12-24 months payment committment, I can easily see a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT in Samsung's very near future along with irreputable damage to their already flimsy, sketchy reputation. I've had every Galaxy phone from the S1 through the S10 but please believe this WILL BE MY LAST SAMSUNG DEVICE EVER. I'll be spending my hard earned money with Apple where they actually help customers, take responsibility for defects and actually have physical stores throughout the country to assist their customers. So done with Samsung!!

Nenay8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you find anything out let me know about a lawsuit.  I am going o research it because frankly I'm sick of this.  How does a phone crack right in the center with NO impact point just a straight line.  It wasnt dropped but even if I did drop it why does it always crack in the same spot?

0 Likes
userztRc1i7niV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exact same thing just happened to me, my phone is one month old with an Otterbox commuter case to protect the sides. Took my phone out of the pocket, and whoops, there's a crack right next to the power button. No dropping, I treat this thing like a baby! 

It looks like poor design, pressing the power button seems to put pressure on the glass causing the screen to crack regardless of how careful you are with the phone.

Definitely my last Galaxy phone (I've been loyal since the S3) and I'll be strongly encouraging my friends to purchase other devices. 

userHxB0fwbtRt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Apple watch users were having this issue. The metal bezel surrounding the watch screen would contract/expand with temperature changes causing the watch screen to crack. They have since corrected the issue.
xRxWxCx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here, I had my s10+ for less than  a month before the screen shattered while using a screen protector. Anyone else?

@Samsung_bUC1n7M wrote:

I used to have a Samsung S8 and put it in my jeans pocket all the time. That phone does not even have a screen protector and in 2 years it did not even have a single scratch on the screen.

Now I am using a new S10 plus, within 3 weeks, the screen is now cracked from the inside. I did not drop the phone, no outside damage, screen protector shows no damage, the screen just cracked from the inside.

I really expect $1000 phone has a proper screen, not something soft and easy to crack like this. I called Samsung Premium Care and they asked for $99 plus tax to replace another phone.

This is very frustrated for me because this is not my fault to have the screen crack. I spent $1000 for the phone and I expect it to have a proper screen which I am not worry about anything while put it in my Jean pocket.

I am tired of back and forth argument. I am not supposed to pay anything. This is Samsung's responsibility for their products, and I expect to have a proper product in hand. This product is still under warranty and I need it to be replaced

Not sure if this happen to anyone else

userC48X6eK4r9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Get insurance for your phone

Nathan777
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've had my S10 Plus for several months now and I don't have anything on the screen, just a case that envelops my phone but nothing on my screen and I don't even have a scratch on my screen. I took off the pre-installed screen protector also. I am careful though not to drop my phone and I had the Galaxy s9, the Note 8 and I have never had an issue with the screen just cracking. That sounds like an oddity problem, 1 I've never heard of until today, reading these. I'm sorry that you had that problem and the next time you get a new phone, I would put insurance on it just in case. If you bought a $1,000 dollar phone, I don't understand why you didn't get insurance. If you had insurance you could get a replacement phone by filing a claim.

Call_Me_Sammy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wow. I've had mine since launch, never use a screen protector or case and I keep it in my pocket everyday. No issues

Samsung_5DgFXFP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

May you don't need a phone get a land line

0 Likes