Original topic:

S10 google chrome issue with CNN on S10

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 11:45 AM)
userKz4AWNudGj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I am using the Google search bar to search for news articles, when I then go into CNN articles, I often find that ad's in the articles overwrite some of the text which is rather frustrating. This only seems to happen with CNN articles.

I've done a lot of searching but can't find anybody else complaining about this. One might think it is a Google or Chrome or CNN issue except I only have this problem when viewing the article after having located it through a Google search bar on my S10. I don't have the same problem when doing this on my S7.

Also, if I go into Chrome on my S10 and locate the article from there instead of using the Google search bar, I don't have this problem.

2 Replies
Shakey77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Exactly
0 Likes
userKz4AWNudGj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've found that when I do a google search via the google search bar and select an article from CNN, it is showing amp.cnn.com at the top of the article whereas if I go though samsung internet, it is showing cnn.com at the top.

The Google / amp.cnn.com versions of the articles are the ones that sometimes have missing text while the Samsung / cnn.com ones don't - with or without ad blockers turned on.

Interestingly, if I am searching for articles on sports, etc, in the Google search bar, it doesn't seem to redirect to/through amp.cnn.com.

Also of interest and likely related: If I do go to a CNN news article from under the Chrome app on my phone as opposed to through the Google search bar (which also seems to be using Chrome), I get the below instead:

us.cnn.com refused to connect

So it seems like there is some issue between Google and CNN going on here which isn't going on between Google and everything else.

0 Likes