Original topic:

S10+ latest system update won't let me use some features on my phone

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 05:36 AM)
KF1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The last update 6/2021 won't let me use some features on my phone. It was a forced update that I didn't initiate. Is there ANY way to revert to previous update? And how do I disable updates to phone. I thought I did it before but obviously not. Samsung is failing me big time right now. 

19 Replies
user0b87nfpMBO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yep, I feel your pain. Are you speaking of the non ability to tether now, even when using wifi. Either gives you not in your plan error or temporary error? Notes on update said they added features but feels they got rid of them. I downgraded my phone and it still updated forcefully. So don't recommend it, because you will need to fact reset to downgrade. Honestly I would wait and hope they fix it. If not, maybe new phone time for me and you.
0 Likes
KF1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ugh! Yes!!!! Good to know factory resetting and downgrading doesn't work because I was at that point. Thanks. Yeah...if this doesn't get fixed, I'll be getting a different phone (non samsung). Samsung **bleep** me on fixing my matching dryer (under warranty). So sad that customer service is gone.
0 Likes
KF1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Love how they bleep out S C R E W E D. 🤣
0 Likes
user0b87nfpMBO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I mean, it works, but your phone will eventually update again. I even told it to not download over wifi and my phone still updated two days later. So imo I'd wait it out... I put in a bug report in the Samsung app but who knows if they will take it seriously.
0 Likes
KF1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Oh...my misunderstanding. I gotcha. Yeah, I refused download, turned off download over wifi, but it still forced the update. I understand the need for security, etc...but updates should still be optional or reversible when they have bugs like this. I've put in a bug report too. Hopefully if enough of us do...they will take it seriously. Thanks for your input!
0 Likes
user0b87nfpMBO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hopefully this don't just blame it on the carriers... I should be able to tether on my phone using my wifi. I use it as like an extender device. I can understand if I don't have tether data but if I'm using my home wifi...
0 Likes
KF1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exactly! Sad thing is...I have tethering with my carrier. So, I'm double upset.

0 Likes
user0b87nfpMBO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There was an update. It's still busted. Now Im not sure how much faith I have this will be fixed.
0 Likes
KF1234
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hubby said hot spot ussue was from the carrier, but I've had hot spot the whole time til update. 🤷‍:female_sign: I only used it in the car to and from therapy for my kid. Oh well...
0 Likes