Original topic:

S10E no longer has "Rich communications/Chat Features" as an option under settings

(Topic created: 05-28-2022 04:13 AM)
usersRoQKAiy6y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I've had my Samsung S10E for roughly 2 and a half years now.  For a long time, under settings in the Messages app, I had the option to turn Rich communications / Chat features on".  My text messages sent and received were blue.  I could see whether my texts were read by the recipient.  You guys know what I mean.  Now all my texts are SMS.  When i go into the settings I no longer even see any option to set the text back to the way it was.  It appears that some of the previous adjustable settings no longer exist.  Did this change during an update?  Am I missing something?  I am typically pretty good with phones and I'm genuinely lost. Please help.

2 Replies
Tom6068
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm unsure if updating to Android 12 made that change if you did update to that (it's the last software update for the S10 line).

I am thinking out loud at the possibility. I've used Google RCS messages for almost 3 years now, so I do not know if Samsung allowed chat feature changes like GMs does.

I suggest trying Google messages but that is up to you. You have the choice to change chat feature settings in it.
0 Likes
Gera1214
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Did you switch phone carriers?
0 Likes