Original topic:

S10e: Activation Incomplete - Internal Error (103)

(Topic created: 10-03-2021 08:52 AM)
krefi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Samsung s10e I bought from Boost over a year ago.  For several days now I've noticed a high percentage of calls going straight to voicemail without the phone ringing. But I could still make calls as recently as yesterday.

Today I tried to make a call and it wouldn't connect. I rebooted the phone and got the error in my title: Activation Incomplete - Internal Error (103).

I CAN still send/receive text, and I still get mobile data. When people call me it goes straight to voicemail and I can check my messages in the voicemail app. I simply can't make or receive voice calls because "activation incomplete."

I've done everything you would think of resetting short of wiping the phone completely. I noticed that my last Android update was September 25, and I can't help but wonder if my current problems are related to that.

Any help appreciated!

5 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would try installing Google carrier services and then reboot your phone if this doesn't work contact your carrier and ask for a new Sim card, the nationwide carriers have been upgraded their networks, call boost and make sure that your phone is fully activated with them
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is very similar to a known issue that is fixed if I recall correctly.

Who is your carrier? what software version is the device on?

check with your carrier to make sure it's not the network side issue.

reset network setting and see if it helps. 

if reset or the replacement of SIM doesn't help then submit error report to Samsung Members for additional help. Reproduce the issue first then submit ticket. 

If you've been using the same SIM for the past few years then it is very likely the SIM needs replacing, Boost is owned by Sprint i think and they've been moving their stuff over to TMB side since being bought out... In the process many have reported issues with network... which might be your case as well.

0 Likes
krefi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm on Boost and I have a new SIM they gave me about a month and a half ago. At the time I had to have the device unlocked for the new SIM to work, but we did that and it was working fine.

Now I've done a full factory reset of the phone, android is up-to-date, but the problem persists.

krefi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Still struggling with this issue. The "activation not completed" notification is a permanent fixture on my phone now. But my ability to receive/send calls, and send/receive texts seems to come and go randomly.

userBiPt6RRtiH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same issue.  Boost can't help.  When I got their new expanded sim after they bricked me by not unlocking my phone first.  Got it unlocked.  Phone works but activation won't finish