JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10e fingerprint sensor not responding

(Topic created: 10-30-2020 12:46 PM)
userK7mx1wysfK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the latest update from Samsung. Sprint phone. I've tried rebooting and it does not clear the error. I just keep getting an error message at the bottom saying "the finger print sensor is not responding. Please try again later. " The phone is less than five months old. 

27 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For people with the S10 and Note 10, My wife had a similar issue. We resolved this by removing all fingerprints and adding them again. We registered the same print 3 times for improved performance. I cant speak for others but this helped her out alot. BTW she has a Note 10 Plus.

mayhemSan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, i'm having the same issue

works fine, and after random time, could be one day, 2 hours, or 3 days when trying to unlock it displays the error "the finger print sensor is not responding. Please try again later. "

and some times, after restarting the phone, it works, and sometimes, it doesn't, also random

0 Likes
mayhemSan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

ps: the phone is less than 3 months old

0 Likes
userV3cuTnuRNV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Has anyone had a solution to this I am also having trouble my phone is only a touch over 6 months old.

I again have a message saying that the fingerprint doesn't work try restarting phone! I've done this even reset the phone and still doesn't work🤷🏼‍:male_sign:

0 Likes
userK7mx1wysfK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The only suggestion is to send it in for repair if you have warranty. The phone died and needed some parts replaced. I'm not sure if during the repair they replaced the finger print sensor, but it is now working again. They do a full test on the sensors before sending the phone back to you. It took 5 working days including shipping to and back from Samsung.

0 Likes
userv0kj7qCCKL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

I am having the same problem with my Galaxy S10e. The fingerprint sensor option in Biometrics & Security is not even accessible. It says

"Fingerprint sensor not working

If this keeps happening, restart your phone."

The phone is less than 7-8 months old. And I just installed the security patch for September, 2020 a few days back. It was working fine till last night, until I woke up this morning and found this issue. No chance of physical damage whatsoever. This seems fairly obvious that this issue came with the new security patch update. I have had no new APP installed recently.

I tried *#0*# and there, in the sensor option, the version says Null. and Normal Scan says Missing data log files. While the version info tab says Ready. The Biometric Security Patch says the Fingerprint security patch is the version 5.0.0.4.

I tried Factory reset, but the problem persists. This is really frustrating. Kindly help resolve this issue.

Thanks.

SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Here are some things to try when the fingerprint sensor is not reading your fingerprint. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200322 

If the issue persists, please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number so I may look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jr62864
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
s10e fingerprint scanner not working need help
0 Likes