JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10e won't send MMS with WiFi on

(Topic created on: 2/25/21 6:48 AM)
user63J5YhnY6s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have an S10e on Xfinity mobile with the stock messaging app, it won't send MMS messages at all anytime WiFi is turned on. Even if mobile data is still on, it won't send. From everything I've read this is a known issue and effects everything from the S8 up since OneUI and Pie were rolled out. If this a carrier issue, a Samsung issue, or what? Everyone is passing the blame and nothing says how to fix it. Please help!

38 Replies
Rauschmi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked for my Samsung Galaxy S20. 

Thank you for this hidden solution.

I hope it works for others.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried resetting the network settings on your phone?

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
LadyHawk80
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Worked like a charm!! Thank you!! It was driving me insane and I hate Google messages. 

0 Likes
usercGq4Rjp5L8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Brand new Galaxy s20 FE with AT&T.

I tried all the solutions on here yet none seemed to work. Switched to the unmetered on my WiFi, etc. If I disconnect my WiFi on my phone, the text messages will come through. But, it's a pain to keep doing that. 

I called Samsung and they told me to clear my cache, same as the originaly solution. I did that already! But, I only did that on my one messaging app. What they meant was to clear the entire cache by going into the developer mode on the phone. To access that, you need to turn off the phone and then hold the power button + the up volume button. Use the volume keys to scroll and the power button to select to clear the cache. It takes a second. Then reboot the phone. 

I did this recently and so far it's working well. Fingers crossed it actually fixed the problem!

0 Likes
usercGq4Rjp5L8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It didn't work :(

0 Likes
userayFnq1Ca3y
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the Note 20 Ultra, my husband Note 10+ and we are not able to send or receive pictures or GIF if we are connected to ANY wifi. This has been an issue we've had for months. called AT&T multiple times, they blame Samsung. The Google text app works fine sending pictures but the Samsung one, which is what we use, does not. we have to turn off our wifi to send or receive pictures. HELP!!
0 Likes
Members_EQI7PXG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I will add my $0.02.  I have an S10 Plus on AT&T Prepaid.  I purchased the phone while on vacation.  It worked great in NY and all the way to FL.  After returning home to SE Alaska, it all changed.  My prior phone worked great off our home WiFi.  This one, not at all.   I cannot make or receive telephone calls that can be understood and cannot send pictures via text or email at all when connected to WiFi.

I have tried both WiFi calling on and off.  I have checked for data saving settings.  I have gone in and cleared the cache.  I have reset the network settings.  I have done everything suggested above to no avail  In as much as we are in a poor area for AT&T reception, we cannot use the phone without a booster.  I am working on that.  In the mean time I need it to work on WiFi and I am very disappointed.

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

att has mms issue and they are not fixing it. shame on them

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes