Original topic:

S20 FE 5G Front cam quality

(Topic created on: 4/26/21 11:48 PM)
morgenman
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've had this phone for months now. Its a great phone. Seriously great. 
The high refresh rate is awesome, it's quick and lasts all day. The screen is fantastic and flat (thank you!), and is super bright in sunlight.
I even think the back cams are pretty good, although a bit oversharpened and oversaturated. I wish we had control over them.
The front cam however is absolutely terrible.
It's not the hardware.
Here's a comparison between a the stock app and another camera app:

Stock

Other camera app

The lack of detail, the terrible grey color of my skin, the face smoothing that you can't turn off (not the one that is under filters, there's something else doing it too).
I've been patiently waiting for Samsung to fix this. I've submitted countless bug reports, and still nothing.
It's so frustrating because the back cams are actually pretty consistent!
It really stops me from being able to reccomend this phone, and makes me question whether or not my next one will be a Samsung!
Hopefully somebody in engineering will see this and be inspired, but until then, at least I have the fan-made camera app.. (not mentioning it here because I'm sure it will get this post taken down. I'm sure you can figure it out)
If not.. so much for being a 'fan edition'. 
5 Replies
farhathashmi31
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Strongly agree to the post. This selfi camera is awful. It can be easily fixed by a software update. Also if the back sensor is same as the flagship s20 why can they use same algorithms to make the image quality same on s20 fe. This needs to be fixed otherwise samsung is going to loose a lot of consumers.

0 Likes
userXKNwdCbQkF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Completely agree. Back cameras are serviceable, but front camera needs some software magic applied to it.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What other camera app are you using?
0 Likes
morgenman
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'll dm you
0 Likes
thebullet17
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
100% Agree. I truly enjoy all photos/videos from rear camera, I just have no idea what happened to front camera algorithm. Night mode selfies help and add tons of detail, but I shouldn't wait 4-5 seconds just for a selfie that should come out standard on photo mode. And it's not like I can use night mode with videos either. Honestly if Samsung sends a patch for this and fixes the front camera, this phone will be an ultimate 10/10 in my eyes and won't plan on switching anytime soon.
0 Likes