cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

S20 FE Not to get One UI 3.0 / Android 11 in first wave?

Hey Everyone, now I know this is hasty, as it's only a rumor, but the fact that we haven't gotten any betas seem to support this:

https://piunikaweb.com/2020/10/08/samsung-galaxy-note-20-note-10-one-ui-3-0-update-looks-imminent/

Is anyone seriously disapointed by the fact that the FAN EDITION is getting a second class citizen treatment?

Seriously doubting my switch from the pixel line. My old Pixel 2 already had android 11 months ago.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: S20 FE Not to get One UI 3.0 / Android 11 in first wave?

I doubt there is much in actual Development left to do once the S20 is finished that will need changes for the S20FE. I'd say they will probably, for the most part, copy and paste the same UI 3.0 that theyve built for the S20 straight into the S20FE. ..just a thought
Highlighted
Astronaut

hmm that is a good point, but they definitely would need to support the different camera lenses, and a couple other hardware based elements that vary. I hope it's not true.
Highlighted
Nebula

Not if they focus the Beta build time on the one with the features. They would just need to change a few 1 and 0 -0 to cancel out for the FE ....shoot I have a Galaxy A10e with Android Pays whole tech built inside the coding and it was never even implemented in the phone. Still, all the file systems are in place. Even down to the Security . No way to use it though. So I'm sure they have a main Cake they made for this UI coming up. Some are getting different flavors of icing while some get no icing at all
Highlighted
Astronaut

Hey man I really hope you're right.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I had a Pixel 3a Xl and had Android 11 about 6 months ago, not sure, but had it for awhile.  I hope I end up liking my switch to the S20 FE, but so far am missing my Pixel.