Original topic:

S20FE connectivity issues

(Topic created on: 3/31/21 3:04 PM)
JenF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My husband and I both upgraded to the Galaxy S20FE last November. Both of our phones are having intermittent but frequent connectivity issues. Text messages won't go through, sometimes they go through hours later multiple times. Sometimes we can't make calls at all. Sometimes we get a notification saying we aren't connected to a network when we have a strong 5G signal and a strong wifi signal. Sometimes I get voicemail but the phone never rang and there is no record of the calls in the call log, again with strong 5G and wifi signals. These things happen in different locations, all with 5 bars. I am disabled and we don't have a landlines so I rely on my phone a great deal. These connectivity issues could have catastrophic consequences. The phones are still under warranty and we have Samsung care+ insurance as well but after speaking to several people in several departments (tech support, claims, customer service), the only help I've been offered is replacing the phones with the exact same model. According to the Samsung care+ pro these issues are common with this particular model and a search on Google confirms this. We have had several other galaxy S series phones before this model and never had issues like this. If this is a known issue for this phone, why can't we get them replaced with a different model? Is trading these ones in for ones that actually work and still paying for the defective ones really our only option? I'm appalled at the lack of customer service! And this is a dangerous situation for me! Any advice?
3 Replies
Mike9165
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
To me this sounds more like a carrier issue than a phone issue. I'm not having and connection problems with mine. Phone calls both over cellular and WiFi have never given me issues and the text messaging works fine, no delays in either sending or receiving text or mms. Mine is on AT&T. Check with your carrier and see if you can get them to reprovision your sim card.
0 Likes
JenF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've already checked with my carrier. That's where I went first, and second. It's the same carrier and the same wifi that we had prior to the upgraded phones and never had connectivity issues.
Johnny1973
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the same issues. I will follow this post to see if anyone chimes in with some good info. Thanks for posting this.
0 Likes