Original topic:

S22 SD slot?

(Topic created: 11-19-2021 09:38 AM)
GalaxyUser3680
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If Samsung doesn't bring back the micro SD card slot, I won't necessarily stick with them for my next phone.
I've loved Galaxy phones for a long time. But one of the #1 features has been they've had an SD slot when others have gotten rid of it or never had it. If they don't bring it back after losing it on the S21, I'll have no reason to not look at a Pixel.
I hope they bring back this feature. I have a lot of stuff on my 512g SD card on my Note 20 Ultra.
16 Replies
acphillips3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm still trying to figure out why get rid of it anyway 🙄
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@GalaxyUser3680 "... I'll have no reason to not look at a Pixel."

The Pixel 6 does not have an SD card slot. I don't believe that any Pixel has ever had an SD card slot. Not quite understanding your logic.

0 Likes
GalaxyUser3680
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I know it doesn't. What I'm saying is that, previously, Galaxy has had a feature other phones don't have. I would not consider them because they didn't have what Galaxy had.
If Galaxy doesn't have a favorite feature anymore, then when I'm shopping for phones I will have no reason to not consider other phones. When I used to always only get a new Galaxy.
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The card slot isn't returning to this series of phone ... might check out the A series for that
0 Likes
GalaxyUser3680
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's something they announced?
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
A card slot is more expensive to implement, vs hard-wired storage.

It's a business decision based on cost.

Again ... "ain't gonna happen" ... if you understand the business side of things
0 Likes
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Note 20 ultra have a SD slot
GalaxyUser3680
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Note 20 Ultra is what I have now. I bought the 20 instead of the 21 because the s21 didn't have an SD slot.
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Okay welcome to the club