cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1kTSU5pNGH
Constellation

S5 Battery Exploded last night

My S5 battery exploded last night - it set my purse on fire and I am extemely shaken.  While the phone is a few years old I had never had an issued with it prior to this.  Fortnately even though I was driving (taking my 14 old dog to the ER VET) I was able to pull over and get the phone out before everything burned.

Thank GOD this happened while I was near the phone and not during the night when it very well could have started a house fire.  I had heard of this happening but never thought it would be me.IMG_0090.JPGIMG_0096 (002).JPGIMG_0100.JPGIMG_0093 (002).JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Ozaustin
Cosmic Ray

Re: S5 Battery Exploded last night

😬

g7755725
Astronaut

This isn't common go happen with the GALAXY S5 if this happens it could be that the heat in your car may have contributed to the factor and since this is the 1st report of this happening, however another factor could be overcharging

Samsung_ii6aQzN
Astronaut

Or you have a generic 🔋

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user1kTSU5pNGH Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about this experience. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

I have a Galaxy S5 and S7 Edge and never had this issue, so it might be based on what environment you were in that caused this