cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esrun2
Asteroid

S5 Bluetooth problems since last update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since the last update my phone keeps disconnecting and then about 15 seconds later reconnecting to the Bluetooth in my CR-V.  Never had this problem before and it will happen whether I'm on the phone or not....has anyone else had this problem? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: S5 Bluetooth problems since last update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Esrun2 and thank you for the additional information. We would recommend enabling airplane mode for about 3 minutes and then disabling this feature. After any update, we also recommend ensuring that all your applications are up to date. This can be done through the play store under menu, my apps & games, and then selecting to update all or selecting which applications need updating. Once completed, we recommend clearing the cached data of your device to ensure that all applications are running optimally. To clear the cached data on your device, we recommend doing this from the boot menu. To do this you will power down the device and upon start up you will hold the volume up, home, and power keys until the device powers on into a boot mode. Once there you will use the Volume keys to navigate to the wipe cache partition option. You will then use the power key to select this. This will delete only temporary files used by the device and should not delete any saved data. Once this is complete. You will navigate to the reboot system option and use the power button to select this. 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. Please provide us more information about this Bluetooth concern. Can we please have your carrier, your exact model number and current baseband (those last two both found by looking under Settings>About Device). Thanks again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Esrun2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! My carrier is Verizon and model # is SM -900V

Baseband G900VVAU2BPB1

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Also, new problem, battery life is now horrible and phone running very hot!

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Esrun2 and thank you for the additional information. We would recommend enabling airplane mode for about 3 minutes and then disabling this feature. After any update, we also recommend ensuring that all your applications are up to date. This can be done through the play store under menu, my apps & games, and then selecting to update all or selecting which applications need updating. Once completed, we recommend clearing the cached data of your device to ensure that all applications are running optimally. To clear the cached data on your device, we recommend doing this from the boot menu. To do this you will power down the device and upon start up you will hold the volume up, home, and power keys until the device powers on into a boot mode. Once there you will use the Volume keys to navigate to the wipe cache partition option. You will then use the power key to select this. This will delete only temporary files used by the device and should not delete any saved data. Once this is complete. You will navigate to the reboot system option and use the power button to select this. 

View solution in original post

Esrun2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!  I followed your instructions and so far so good!  I haven't used my phone in the car very often lately; however,  I have noticed that it does not keep disconnecting and reconnecting as it has in the past . Thank you so much!  I will keep you posted !

Esrun2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much!!! So far this has corrected the problem! 

@Juanisimo wrote:

This has worked!!! Thank you so much! 

Highlighted
userEo5XiLybmq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone bluetooth cannot see my activity tracker since last update.  I tried the solution above but it didn't work.

usergdJ2YY2Sut
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. My fitbit is not communicating with the bluetooth on my phone.  Happened right after last update.

userddrbK2uQx4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THis problem has not been solved Samsung. After the latest update many have not been able to pair their Samsung phones to a VARIETY of fitness trackers. I have a misfit shine 2 that I cant pair, but others have fitbits, garmins etcPlease resolve this frustrating issue soon by correcting the problems in the update. Samsung does not need another PR disaster.

userDs7QhGfM6e
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On android 7: Sprint: Bluetooth issues since Wed 16 August  at 0600 hrs. Both Fit bit, accu-check and Bluetooth refuse to sync together. I use Bluetooth frequently, and lack of reliability may result in my switching to another product, very soon. Please resolve! I dislike being hard-wired to desktop.