cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userr5GbAsJejD
Constellation

Re: S5 Bluetooth problems since last update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completed the troubleshooting steps suggested 1) update all apps   2) turn on airplane mode for 3 minutes  3) reboot the phone and clear the cache.  I also cleared the cache of all bluetooth system apps and rebooted again.

I have a Samsung S5, I am running Android 6.0.1, I use bluetooth to connect to my Honda Civic and a Sony Blue tooth speaker.  My phone is pretty plain, not many apps, 4.83 GB free internal memory, 4.42 GB system memory, 443 KB cached, 6.43 GB used by apps, 16 GB total.

ISSUE:  My phone connects to bluetooth and then disconnects and continues to do this.  It does not connect to my speaker at all making Spotify useless.  It drops phone calls over blue tooth randomly.  

I try to toggle the bluetooth service via pull down --> Blue tooth button, and it appears to be on (i.e. the bluetooth icon appears actice its green)  But when I drill down into the settings gear then --> Bluetooth ; it appears as OFF (the slider is to the left), when I try to slide it to the right it moves but doesn't go green.  It looks like the bluetooth service is having trouble starting?  

This was working fine before the update.  I have auto updates so don't know when I got the update but that was the end of blue tooth.  Samsung please continue investigating.

usershRUTG1rwg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since last update, both my logitech bluetooth keyboard and mouse connects, pairs with no problem, but then, non of them works. No reaction after pressing any key, button or mouse movement. Wiping cached data in boot mode and switching airplane mode on for 3 minutes are useless.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What device are you connecting these things too?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend speaking with your carrier regarding a baseband push.

userBLffnG4LSX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did all this and the problem returned 2 weeks later.

userVHuuZjeDqL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same problem on my note8, I tried performed all of these steps but it still connects then disconnects and repeat.

userFWXmGNs3hi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nee help. My Samsung S5 will not sent message. Says too many unsent messages. How do I clear or fix this issue. As far as I know, all my prior messages have been sent

userBLffnG4LSX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes!  I'm having that problem now.  I've tried all the fixes recommended online and even did a factory restore.  Two weeks later the problem is back!  I can't connect to my bluetooth speaker in the house.  I can't connect in my car and have SAFE hands free driving.  It has me just about ready to throw it in the TRASH and go to iphone, which I dread. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userBLffnG4LSX Could you provide your model number, baseband version, and carrier? 

userBLffnG4LSX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a Samsung Galaxy S5, G900PVPU3BOG1, VirginMobil.

Thank you for your interest.