cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S5 heating up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The other day I was using my apps when a call came in. The phone froze and rebooted on its own. As it rebooted,  the top portion heated up so much, I could barely touch it. This is the first time this happened.  I have had this phone since October.  Should I be concerned? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S5 heating up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. That was the first time it heated up like that. It still gets pretty warm, but nothing like that day. I did some research and found this article last night http://thedroidguy.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-troubleshooting 

Going to try out this solution. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Weird that the top portion would heat up like that. The rebooting and freezing is concerning as well. Have you brought this up with the retailer/carrier you purchased from. If not, you may want to think about seeing about a replacement or reaching out to our Support Team to possibly set up an evaluation to see if anything needs to be repaired. Has it done the rebooting or freezing before?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. That was the first time it heated up like that. It still gets pretty warm, but nothing like that day. I did some research and found this article last night http://thedroidguy.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-troubleshooting 

Going to try out this solution. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let me know if that ends up helping you. If the heating like that continues, definitely don't put it off to get that looked at. I'd for anything worse to happen to you or your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far so good. It's been a few days now since my phone heated up. Looks like the solution in the link I posted has worked. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome to hear. Feel free to reach back out again though if anything should happen.