Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S6 Charging Problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

I've had a Galaxy S6 for a while now (old school but I like it) and I've been experiencing a problem with regards to charging. Intermittently, it charged at a relatively fast rate, but sometimes, it would charge so slow it would be almost an hour before it went up one percent. To put it into context, when the phone is off, it charges normally, no problem. The problems occur when the phone is on, and even at the mid-power-saving setting and lowest screen brightness, it's still slow, and if I use it while it is charging, the percentage goes down. Like I said, I've had this problem before, and the "solutions" haven't been concrete. I have done the "wipe data cache partition" trick and that has worked, but recently it hasn't been as effective. My cord is fine, I've cleaned out the charging socket, but no matter the outlet, it still slows down. I am wondering if any of you have any ideas. I am not interested in changing the battery, or doing a factory reset, so I want to keep ideas easy and cost-effective. Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S6 Charging Problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userAo9DjPfngI,

Have you double checked to see what apps are running in the background while charging your device? Third-party apps play a big factor in battery drainage. You can boot your device in safe mode, this will disable all the third-party apps from running and try to charge your phone to see if you see any difference.

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, etc) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

Also, Give this link here a shot: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001451/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, the problem might be the battery or port itslef because theres no such settings on the phone that will do like that. The only thing that you can do is to  rectify wheres problem coming from,  try to change  the charger, if it didnt work your last option is to do a factory data reset. If it still the same thing, then you can visit one of the authorized Samsung repair Shop if you are in the US. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userAo9DjPfngI,

Have you double checked to see what apps are running in the background while charging your device? Third-party apps play a big factor in battery drainage. You can boot your device in safe mode, this will disable all the third-party apps from running and try to charge your phone to see if you see any difference.

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, etc) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

Also, Give this link here a shot: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001451/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So far so good. It's actually normal in terms of charging, but I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! I'm glad I was able to help you resolve your issue. Feel free to reach out to us anytime if you need any further assistance with anything else. Smiley Happy