cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjtfz7gy2IY
Constellation

S6 Edge "not compatible with samsung pay"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm trying to get the app Samsung Pay, but it says my device is not compatible with this app when I try to download it from the Google Play. However, both the Samsung website and the app description lists Galaxy S6 Edge as compatible. 

My model number is SM-G925W8, and I already have updated my device. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: S6 Edge "not compatible with samsung pay"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userjtfz7gy2IY. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

Based on your model number, it appears your device is a foreign one. Foreign, unlocked, or modified devices are not compatible with Samsung Pay. While I realize that's a bit of a pain, this was requested by banks and card companies for the safety of your money.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userjtfz7gy2IY. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

Based on your model number, it appears your device is a foreign one. Foreign, unlocked, or modified devices are not compatible with Samsung Pay. While I realize that's a bit of a pain, this was requested by banks and card companies for the safety of your money.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user8puiMer2cW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Even in my s6 edge(SM-G925I) it is not compatible

userb1946xyKw3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi 

Do we have a time line when Samsung s6 Edge devices will start supporting Samsung pay 

userGqt8TooZM1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also having this problem but, mine is a G925a is this also not compatible? 

userCBUbKOxNZH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I also have this problem.. how to solve