cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4SYpWHHhWV
Constellation

S6 edge back peeling off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed My husbands s6 edge phone looked like it has a bump on the back. I removed tge protector case and see the back glass has come loose on both sides and looked like it was bowed in the middle. I tried to press it back together but it wouldn't stay. It looked like the battery was swollen and forced the back to pop out. I know it's no longer under warranty but I've seen lots of blogs that shows this has been a known problem with the S phones. This phone has never been used very much. Its my husbands phone and only has service for phone calls, paid per call. If this is a known problem is Samsung helping out any with repairs, or do I throw it away like I have some of my Samsung appliances.  The phone is now back in the case to hold the back on and it's working. My concern is, is this phone safe to take with us on our plane flight?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S6 edge back peeling off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To seek assistance from Samsung for this issue, please call 1-800-726-7864 directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung_nerdguy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be careful using the device if the battery is swollen. There are some YouTube videos on how to replace the battery and it's fairly simple. Amazon sells the batteries for that phone for around $20. Other then that I would suggest trading it in for a new phone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To seek assistance from Samsung for this issue, please call 1-800-726-7864 directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post