S6 edge battery drain since last update

Highlighted
Constellation

My phone used to drain around 3-4% overnight. And then your 1 nov update came in. Now it's draining 35-40% in the same period of time. That's a 1000% increase without any new app installed, no setting have been changed. So, is there a way to uninstall this blody update ? Any fix to it ? 

Please, Samsung, don't destroy our devices. 

See more topics labeled with:

Attachments

4 REPLIES
Astronaut

my phone is the same, please respond asap
Samsung Moderator

Re: S6 edge battery drain since last update

Hey, everyone, have you attempted to put your devices into power saving mode while you are asleep in order to help with battery consumption?

Constellation

Nope. I didnt do before and I won't do it now either. I understand an increase in power consumption, I do understand battery degradation but this have NOTHING to do with that. Worked perfect before update, working badly after.

So with the SAME settings and apps installed, before update I got 96-97% in the morning, after update I wake up to 60-65%. It's simple logic to pinpoint the issue.
Constellation

Since we only had one generic reply, I guess Samsung guys won't bother with you unless you're a S8 or Note 8 owner. So I found a fix on my own. Here it is:

1. Shut down your device

2. Press (and keep) volume up+home+power

3. When Samsung S6 logo appears, release the power button (but still keep pressed volume up+home)

4. A blue screen will appear - now you can release all buttons

5. Navigate to "wipe cache" using volume down

6. Activate wipe cache using power button

7. Confirm

8. Wait a few seconds and when the previous menu appears back, select "restart your device" - first option

This helped me. Back to 4% overnight. I hope it helps you too, random citizen.