cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDkzF0jWxBc
Asteroid

S7 Broken screen (No Display) Secure Startup enabled. Cant find phone on computer to retrieve photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, i recently dropped my Samsung Galaxy S7 on the ground. Completely shattered the screen and there is no display, just a black screen. I wanted to get a bunch of photos off my phone to put on my new S9 but i cant find the S7 on the computer when i plug it in via usb cable. I had secure startup (im not sure if this is what it is called on the S7 but its whats its called on the S9) enabled so when i turn on my phone i have to put in my pattern password thing. And, i cant quite tell if my phone is turned on or not ahaha. When plugged in the LED light is red, if i tap the home button or the power button the two buttons on either side of the home button (im not exactly sure what they are called but the back button and the one that shows you all your previously opened apps) light up for about 2 and a half seconds before turning off again. When this happens the LED light stays off until i tap the power button again. I tried sliding my finger on the screen how i usually would have to put in the pattern but i dont seem to be getting anywhere with that. I tried to use sidesync but i dont seem to be having any luck with that either. As i have been typing this i have just noticed that the LED has changed to a green light. I am assuming that this is just saying the battery is fully charged. If anyone can think of any solution so that i can retrieve my photos i would appreciate that very much. Thankyou.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S7 Broken screen (No Display) Secure Startup enabled. Cant find phone on computer to retrieve...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S7 Broken screen (No Display) Secure Startup enabled. Cant find phone on computer to retrieve...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

userDkzF0jWxBc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Model code: SM-G930F
I am uncertain on how to check the baseband version as my screen does not work so i cant go to settings and about device.
My carrier is Vodafone.

Thankyou for any help you may be able to provide.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not showing this as a US model phone, can I ask where it was purchased?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userDkzF0jWxBc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Australia
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry